Linking via context menu

Options
Phaethon_Rhadamanth
Phaethon_Rhadamanth
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

Add my +1 for an option for allowing for automatic optional bidirectional linking, but on top of that, one nice feature would be the ability to highlight multiple items and then have a right-click context menu entry for creating links between the selected items, similar to how you can tag multiple items at once that way.

EDIT: Actually, and probably easier to implement, select multiple items, right click and "Link to" would give a list all other items to which the selected ones could be linked, just click one and the selected items have a one way or bidirectional link with the clicked item.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Phaethon_Rhadamanth! Thanks for the feedback. Since you're new here, you may not know that we don't have any kind of actual "voting" system. We do encourage and welcome user feedback and suggestions, but there's not any kind of "vote" you can cast or we can register. That said, we're always looking to refine 1Password and linking items is definitely on that list. I don't have anything to announce regarding it at the moment, but keep an eye on updates and their associated release notes to see what's changed. If you're interested, you can also click 1Password's Preferences > Updates and check the box marked "include beta builds" if you would like to join us out here on the bleeding edge and get the latest developments first. Cheers! :)

• Phaethon_Rhadamanth
    Phaethon_Rhadamanth
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I realize there's no voting, that's just me indicating more interest in such a feature. :) FWIW, I much prefer the use of linking between logins and credit cards, bank accounts, etc. to help keep tag clutter to a reasonable minimum (tags can very easily grow out of control if not carefully managed), so I definitely am in favor of any new features that improve link support.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Phaethon_Rhadamanth - yep, it's something we'd like to refine as well; it's just the highest-priority item on our plates at the moment. Stay tuned for updates, however! :)

This discussion has been closed.