password not being accepted

JamesShprd
JamesShprd
Community Member

I am attempting to login to the cli for the first time. I have got as far as putting in my secret key which is accepted ok. Then it asks for my password. I have tried multiple times and all i get is the following: [LOG] 2019/05/21 11:29:34 (ERROR) 404: Not Found

I have even changed my master password via the 1 password app. Then tried the above process again and it still says the same thing.

1Password Version: 5.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ubuntu
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:first time login in to cli password not accepted. error 404 not found

Comments

• Hi @JamesShprd

Just to confirm, you've been using op signin <signinaddress> <emailaddress> <secretkey>, and after entering that information and then entering your password, you get a 404 error? Without posting personal information on the forum, have you checked the signin address is correct? If it is a personal account, this is probably my.1password.com or if you are part of an organisation, your organisation's signin address.

• JamesShprd
    JamesShprd
    Community Member

I have been using op signin (which is my organisation's signin) (my work email address) n.b. I have been using 1 password for about 3 months as a user via the app. So I have had these 2 email address associated for all that time. This part works okay as i am then prompted for my password. That line reads: Enter the password for at I then enter my password which is not seen or visible, the cursor does not move, (masking the password) but I then get [LOG] 2019/05/21 11:29:34 (ERROR) 404: Not Found. I have changed my master password but this made no difference. I have tried copying and pasting the password but no joy.

• JamesShprd
    JamesShprd
    Community Member

I have verified the version as 0.5.6

• Thanks for the details @JamesShprd!

I notice you didn't mention the secret key in your comment anywhere. Are you entering that along with your other details?

Regarding the two email addresses, which one are you using to log in? There will be a primary email associated with your account. On the web, go into "My Profile" at the top right drop down, and check the email at the top of the page. Is it the same one you are trying to use?

• JamesShprd
    JamesShprd
    Community Member

I did mention in my first message that my secret key works ok. from first message I have got as far as putting in my secret key which is accepted ok. Then it asks for my password. I have tried multiple times and all i get is the following: [LOG] 2019/05/21 11:29:34 (ERROR) 404: Not Found I will check the emails as you suggested and get back to you later today. thanks for your assistance with this issue.

• JamesShprd
    JamesShprd
    Community Member

I did mention in my first message that my secret key works ok. from first message I have got as far as putting in my secret key which is accepted ok. Then it asks for my password. I have tried multiple times and all i get is the following: [LOG] 2019/05/21 11:29:34 (ERROR) 404: Not Found I will check the emails as you suggested and get back to you later today. thanks for your assistance with this issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JamesShprd: I think there may be some misunderstanding. While the Secret Key must be input separately, it isn't (and can't be) sent and validated separately, so it isn't that it's being "accepted" as valid, just that your input was accepted by the app. Neither the Secret Key nor Master Password are ever transmitted to the server, so it is impossible for the server to tell you if the Secret Key is correct or not, same as the Master Password, as both are used to generate the SRP verifier, which is what is transmitted to the server to be verified.

• JamesShprd
    JamesShprd
    Community Member

Thanks for your help guys, I managed to sort it. I did indeed have the wrong email addresses account in the wrong places. Anyway i'm in and able to see some data so all for now. I will be in touch if I require assistance with anything in the future. Thanks again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear you're up and running now. We're here if you need us. :)

• mickael
    mickael
    Community Member

Ah Ah, thanks that was useful, I was going crazy while registering a coworker account on his computer ;) RTFM :p

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.