i have 1password 6.8.9 it's not working proper with my Mac mojave.

Options
Andy12_3
Andy12_3
Community Member

1password fills in the id and PW but does not auto launch the app, Not syncing with my other computers and a updater icon my screen I cannot get rid off

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i have 1password 6.8.9 it's not working proper with my Mac mojave.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andy12_3 - I'm sorry for the trouble. I"m not quite sure what you mean by "does not auto-launch the app." I'm presuming you don't mean the 1Password app, since if it's filling, then that means 1Password is already open. Can you clarify? And perhaps take a screenshot of the “updater icon” you’re referring to? Thanks in advance.

• Andy12_3
    Andy12_3
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, when I use 1pw to log on a site, on my mac with mojave i still got to press the logon buttoned to access, before the site would open auto. It seems that the upgrade to Mojave has had a effect on how 1pw works. Also it stoped syncing with my other devises

• Andy12_3
    Andy12_3
    Community Member
    Options

Another thing Lars, I have an updater icon that says

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andy12_3 - thanks for the clarification. What other devices are you using 1Password with, and are those devices syncing with each other, but not with this Mac? Can you please tell me:

1. What is the specific version of 1Password for Mac you have installed (and where is it installed on your hard drive)?
    2. What is the specific version of macOS you're using?
    3. What is the specific version of 1Password extension in your browser you're using (and what browser version as well)?
    4. How do you sync your 1Password data between devices? 1password.com account? Dropbox? Something else?
    5. Anything else you think might be relevant to helping us figure out what might be going on.

Thanks.

• Andy12_3
    Andy12_3
    Community Member
    Options
    1. 1PW 6 version 6.8.9(689001)
    2. macOSMajave version 10.14.5
    3. 1password 4.7.3 safari 12.11 (14607.2.6.1.1
    4. iCloud
    5. 1pW works well other than these small glitches
  • Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andy12_3 - the auto-submit feature of 1Password for Mac has been removed, and likely will not be returning. With Safari 12, Apple disallowed the mechanism we'd been previously using to effect auto-submit, which was a small script that simulated a press of the Return key.

Regarding sync, can you please create a new Secure Note on each device in your Primary vault. Call each one something recognizable, such as "From Mac" or "From iPad" or whatever. Give everything a few moments to sync, then check to see which notes appear on which devices. Let me know what you discover.

• Andy12_3
    Andy12_3
    Community Member
    Options

My iMac secure note is on my iMac only as is me iPad . my two mobile devices have both notes my iPad and iPhone sync.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andy12_3 - thanks for the additional troubleshooting assistance. At this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on with your individual devices setup, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#NZW-75636-911]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @Andy12_3 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: NZW-75636-911

• Andy12_3
    Andy12_3
    Community Member
    Options

Lars,
    I screwed up.. I didn't put the # tag in the subject line [#NZW-75636-911] I sent the diagnostic report without them. Can you tell me what info you need.I forwarded the reports with the change, I hope that works for you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andy12_30 - I think we found everything; I'll reply to you via email. Let's keep the conversation going that way, instead of in two places at once.

This discussion has been closed.