Export vault from 1Password using web app?

arokath
arokath
Community Member

Okay, it seems like this feature does not exist - is there any plan to include it? Or does it exist, and I've just missed something?

Searching around, I've seen this forum post on the topic, but that's almost two years old, so I thought it was worth asking for an update.

(In my case, I realised only after getting 1Password that Linux is not supported - and since I use a Linux machine frequently, I need to export everything and start over. But I'm sure others would also appreciate being able to export from the web UI).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@arokath: Indeed, sorry for the confusion there. The 1Password.com web interface doesn't have an export feature, though it's something we hope to add in the future. Currently only our desktop apps have this capability. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you on that front. However, you can use both 1Password X and our beta CLI app on Linux. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• 7heMC
    7heMC
    Community Member

I had the same situation. I only have linux machines and was trying to export my items out of 1Password. It is possible to get the information out using the cli tool, although not exactly user-friendly. Since I haven't seen anyone else mention it here, I thought I would link to the script that I wrote.

https://github.com/7heMC/opexport

Feel free to use or tweak as needed. Hope this helps someone else.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for mentioning it! :)

We always recommend using caution when using 1Password data with anything not 1Password, so it's great that you've made the source code available for people to look at before using it. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.