1Password 7 Version 7.3.BETA-15 (70300015) 1Password Beta

Beta version of Vivaldi freezes the Vivaldi browser after restart with a blank screen.

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-15 (70300015)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Vivaldi blank screen

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ashokraja! Thanks for reporting this to us. I'm about to start doing some testing, but I wanted to clarify a couple things with you first. I'd assume you're writing in about 1Password X since you posted in the 1Password X beta forum, but I figured I'd double check since you didn't include the extension version in your original post. Are you using 1Password X or the 1Password extension that depends on the 1Password for Mac desktop app?

Next, You mentioned that the beta version of Vivaldi freezes Vivaldi. I'm curious where 1Password comes into play. If you could give me the steps you take in order to reproduce the issue, that'd help me out a ton.

• ashokraja
    ashokraja
    Community Member

Hey, I am using the latest of this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-x-beta-–-passwo/khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf .

If I uninstall the 1password X beta extension. Vivaldi works like a charm.

BTW, Today I installed 1Password extension (desktop app required) from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk and Vivaldi works great.

Now, I am confused which one should I use as the Chrome Webstore give 3 results https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/1password.

I am using 1Password 7 Version 7.3.BETA-16 (70300016) 1Password Beta on my Mac 10.14.5 with Vivaldi browser 2.5.1525.43 (Stable channel) (64-bit). With 1Password extension (desktop app required) extension I am unable to fill using 1password.

Please recommend.

• ashokraja
    ashokraja
    Community Member

I have fallen back to the Stable version of 1Password & 1Password Extension and so far everything is good.

1Password Desktop app : 1Password 7 Version 7.2.6 (70206001)
    Browser : Vivaldi browser 2.5.1525.43 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    Extension : 1Password X – Password Manager 1.15.2

This combination is working very good so far. But the moment I try to use latest 1Password Beta both on Desktop & Vivaldi browser. Vivaldi won't open gracefully and freeze with blank screen.

I think I will stick to Stable release for now. And hope this issue from the beta release will be fixed in the next stable release.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019

@ashokraja: 1Password X is a self-contained extension that works with 1Password memberships and runs entirely in the browser. There are both stable and beta versions in the Chrome web store. The third you're seeing there is the companion extension for the 1Password desktop apps, which won't work without one of those. If you have a 1Password membership, you can use whichever suits you. Some people prefer to use 1Password only in the browser, others like having the additional flexibility of using it through the OS.

What you're seeing in the screenshot is 1Password for Mac telling you that you need to install its extension in order to use it to fill in the browser. Just click the button and add it. :)

• ashokraja
    ashokraja
    Community Member

To add my observation. I was using 1password 7.2-beta in a similar setup and it was working like a charm. But once I got upgraded to 1password 7.3-beta channel I started seeing this issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ashokraja: Can you clarify? 1Password for Mac version 7.2 is pretty old. The beta was in September of last year. What do you need help with exactly? You've been talking about a number of different things, but if we're going back to the beta of Vivaldi freezing, have you tried the stable version? They may need to fix some bugs in the beta yet.

• ashokraja
    ashokraja
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

@brenty Actual problem was Vivaldi Freezing with 1password 7.3-beta releases.

Yes I have switched back to 1password 7.2.6 (Current latest Stable) and things are working fine.

I understand beta releases are always not bug free. What I want to communicate and ensure is. I was earlier using 7.2-beta releases and didn't face any problems. But once I started using 7.3-beta release, issue(Vivaldi Freeze) started occurring. So I want to report the incident and make sure this bug doesn't get in to 7.3 stable release.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ashokraja: Absolutely! Thanks for clarifying. Because you said "Beta version of Vivaldi freezes", I thought you meant you were using the Vivaldi beta. I'll see if I can reproduce this. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ashokraja: I've been spending the last couple hours testing Vivaldi exclusively with both the 1Password desktop app/extension and 1Password X, but I'm not seeing any issues. If you use the beta app and extensions, does that help?

1Password beta (desktop app required)

1Password X beta

If you're still seeing issues with Vivaldi, please tell me the exact steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening as you expect.

This discussion has been closed.