Can't enable Fingerprint unlock: Keystore operation failed

saneklad
saneklad
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Android

Fingerprint Unlock unavailable.
java.security.ProviderException: Keystore operation failed

Huawei Mate 10 Pro with multiply users and fingerprints (not native, PrivateSpace function turned on)
When I had 1 user and fingerprint - FU worked.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• Hi @saneklad. Thanks for reaching out!

I'm not very familiar with Huawei's Private Space feature. Is 1Password installed in the same user account with the fingerprint you're using?

• icyerasor
    icyerasor
    Community Member

Had the same issue. Try going into the "nexus imprint" / "fingerprint" settings of android OS and changing some stuff there - i.e. display the name of the imprints, change it, etc. For me no re-setup of the imprints was necessary.
    Afterwards, back in the app everything worked again..

• Hi @icyerasor. Thanks for chiming in with this. I'm glad to hear everything is working well for you, and maybe others will find this helpful. :)

• exadeci
    exadeci
    Community Member

Had the same issue thanks so much @icyerasor that fixed it, I was planning on re-installing everything with some backup which would have been a pain.

• icyerasor
    icyerasor
    Community Member

Happened to me again once or twice. I think it might be linked to the Android Q Developer Preview I'm using..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear that icyerasor 's suggestion helped!

There can certainly be some issues with prerelease stuff, but I'm sure that will; all get ironed out by the time the new OS is officially release. :)

• Digas81
    Digas81
    Community Member

Same problem for me. App switch to the setup whee store my fingerprint.
    I think the problem in my case it is I'm using working setup option account with 1st password and instead fingerprint is available for not working options. I don't know how to set up other method..

• Hi @Digas81. Are you using an Android for Work profile? If so, there are separate settings for this profile, and you'll need to make sure to enroll your fingerprints in this profile as well. Let me know how it goes!

• Digas81
    Digas81
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Yes, i'm using Android for work.how can I do that Young suggested?

• @Digas81 I believe you will set it up the same way you did in your personal profile. Switch to your work profile and go to Settings. Are you able to enroll your fingerprints in this profile there?

This discussion has been closed.