Windows 10 & 7.3.684 install

mminx
mminx
Community Member
edited May 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I downloaded the .exe file for 1password 7.3.684 setup. After double clicking to execute the file, I get a brief moment where it looks like it is about to install but then nothing happens. I do not even get a logo or anything displayed. The same thing happens when I try to update via the 1Password 6 app. I am running Windows 10 64bit pro

Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Sorry for the trouble, @mminx! There are a few things probably leading you here. First, you're probably stuck on an older version of 1Password 6 that's cut off from the server and second, 7.3 has a known issue with updating older 1Password 6 databases so it'll fall on its face. I can give you a link to a version that should install, but I worry a bit about the risks there depending on the version you're currently using and whether you have any offline changes. If you peek at your sidebar in 1Password 6, do you see an Offline Changes category? I can absolutely help you get updated either way, but I want to be careful we take extra steps to preserve those offline changes if you've got 'em, so let me know what you find. Thanks! :chuffed:

• mminx
    mminx
    Community Member

Hi @bundtkate! Thanks for getting back to me. I see pending changes at 58 items.

• Oh, yuck. I'm sorry to do this to ya, @mminx, but I'm gonna have to. You're going to need to recreate those 58 changes on 1Password.com. I know, it's horrible and I'm really sorry, but there's just no other way. Older versions of 1Password 6 can't communicate with the server since they lack certain security fixes made in the year + since they were released and we need to get those changes to the server to ensure they're preserved. You can use that offline changes section as a guide and copy/paste to the web app.

Once you've recreated those changes, make sure you've got the full gamut of your credentials (Secret Key, sign-in address, e-mail, AND Master Password) , then you can reset 1Password, update to 7.3, and sign in again. Not only will this get you updated, updates will happen automatically while 1Password is locked moving forward so it is highly unlikely you'll find yourself in this situation ever again. Again, I'm sorry for the extra work – we've done our best to reach out to folks who got stuck on 6, but we don't have a completely reliable way to find all of you. I hope the fact that this should be a one-time thing serves to provide some solace, and if you run into any trouble or have questions before you get started, I'm here to help. :+1:

• mminx
    mminx
    Community Member

Ok! Sounds good! I will get to work. Thank you so much @bundtkate!

• mminx
    mminx
    Community Member

No go @bundtkate. I even uninstalled 1Password 6, downloaded 7.3 from the web and it is still not firing on the install.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@mminx: If you try to install 1Password 7.2 from here, does the installer works? Please let us know. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• mminx
    mminx
    Community Member

@Greg the 7.2 install worked and then it updated to 7.3. Thanks so much!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@mminx: Great news! :+1:

Please let us know if you have any other questions, we are always here for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• mminx
    mminx
    Community Member

@Greg, looks like I jumped the gun. 7.3 opens and then about 5 seconds later, it crashes. Same thing with the web extension.

• Did you reset your local database, @mminx? That crash sounds very much like the old database is still causing trouble. Could you give it another go:

1. Choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data.
    2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    3. Sign in to your account fresh.

Let me know if you're still seeing the crash after. :+1:

• mminx
    mminx
    Community Member

I reset it and its working now. Thanks @bundtkate! You guys rock!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@mminx: On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :)

We are always here for you, so please reach out to us anytime. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• mminx
    mminx
    Community Member

Will do! Thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@mminx: :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.