Command \ not filling, showing all item types to fill [beta extension required]

This discussion was created from comments split from: Feedback on intelligent suggestions for filling.

Comments

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

Is command+\ still intended to automatically fill login details?

Not sure if this is an issue in beta18, but now it brings up 1pw mini identity + credit card suggestions, is that the intention now?

• rudy
    edited May 2019

@defiant,

If no login fields are present when attempting a quick fill, 1Password mini will present what it can for the URL, which may include identities and credit cards.

from the 7.3.BETA-16 release notes:

1Password mini will be shown when attempting to quick fill into a page with no recognizable fields. {apple-issues#3468}

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

That’s the thing, it’s happening on any site with login fields, even this forum

Edit: Seems its Chrome or Chrome extension related (on Mac), I rolled back to beta16 and its doing the same thing.

Tested in Safari and Firefox fine.

Rolled back to 7.2.6 and filling works fine in Chrome

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@defiant: That's been the default behaviour for 1Password mini for literally years. The only difference is that now, with Intelligent Suggestions, if 1Password can determine which specific items would be useful for filling on a given page, it will only show those. Otherwise it will show all of them, as Andrew mentioned earlier:

The decision to continue to show potentially fillable items even when we can't identify a particular field type on a page is one we made to cover the cases where: 1) perhaps a webpage hasn't identified it's fields correctly (or we've mis-classified the field in some way) and you'd still need (for example) your credit card. 2) There is some ancillary data in your login you need that isn't a username or password (e.g. Security Questions/Answers).

It's something we'll continue to evaluate, but it seems to me that it's better to have filling options available sometimes when we don't need them than to have to go digging for them when we do. Just my two cents based on years of filling and helping others with it. :)

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

I don't think so, and clearly you don't understand what I'm saying.

Pressing command + \ on a page that has login fields in it should automatically fill the login fields - this has been the default behaviour for years.

Pressing command + alt + \ brings up 1pw mini to interact with irrespective of whats on the page.

The problem is that whatever happened between beta 16 and 18, pressing command + \ on a page that has login fields now brings up 1pw mini asking me to select between the identity it already knows about, and has been capable of auto filling since forever, and a credit card INSTEAD OF automatically filling the login fields.

This happens even on your own forum login page, and only in Chrome. Safari and Firefox can auto fill the login details fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@defiant: Yeah, you didn't say that earlier, so thanks for explaining. :)

I'm not seeing anything like that here though:

1. https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin?Target=
    2. ⌘ \ (to fill)
    3. Return (to submit form)

I never even see 1Password mini in cases like this where I have only a single matching Login for the current URL. We haven't changed that.

What are the exact versions you're using -- OS, 1Password, browser, and extension?

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

All good, it was in my first post not the follow up one

This is what happens for me:
    1. https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin?Target=
    2. Command \
    3. Brings up instead of filling

Running MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226), 1Password 7 Version 7.3.BETA-18 (70300018), Chrome Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit), Version 4.7.3.90

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@defiant: Thanks for clarifying. You'd mentioned Safari and Firefox earlier, and that everything was fine in Chrome, so I was looking at those...but I see that I misunderstood.

I am able to reproduce the issue you're seeing in Chrome...but only if I'm using the old extension there. Please install the beta extension instead, as mentioned in the announcement:

Intelligent Suggestions in 1Password mini (Beta 14)

Let me know if that helps!

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

Yeah sorry, broken in Chrome but fine in Safari and Firefox ^_^

Funnily enough I was just googling the 1password beta Chrome extension as you posted!

I can confirm with the beta extension that it's filling again :) - apologies for derailing this thread slightly. I wasn't sure whether to post a new thread or tack onto this one as it was kind of related

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@defiant: No worries! Just glad that we figured it out. Thanks for troubleshooting it with me. I'll split off this part of the discussion so it's less confusing and can be found if someone else runs into a similar issue. Cheers! :)

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

All good, thanks for helping and dealing with my annoying questions 8-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If those are your most annoying questions, we'll get along just fine. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.