Syncing to cloud services

BagsyBagsy
in iOS

I note that in the iOS app I can only sync to iCloud or Dropbox. Are there any plans to allow other cloud service providers?

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Bagsy

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this question. We also offer syncing through 1Password.com as part of our 1Password membership service. We do not have plans to offer options beyond those three.

Ben

• XeroXero
    edited May 24

It would be nice to consider some other service besides Dropbox, since they put in a 3 device limitation to their sync service recently for free plans.

I've shifted over to OneDrive, but I would happily switch over to Google Drive too if 1Password supported either one.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

It would be nice to consider some other service besides Dropbox, since they put in a 3 device limitation to their sync service recently for free plans.

1Password.com doesn't have any limitation to the number of supported devices.

I've shifted over to OneDrive, but I would happily switch over to Google Drive too if 1Password supported either one.

Our focus is on making our tailor-made solution the best it can be, and so I don't see us adding other generic 3rd party services anytime in the foreseeable future. I'd suggest taking a look at what membership offers:

About 1Password membership

Ben

• Good Evening Ben,

On Mac and on Windows it is possible to store the tresor as an file (json), which I can sync via my own intranet server. Why is this Feature not available on iOS and Android? This would also solve the request from Bagsy and Xero.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @dusdh,

That is not a solution that we support, no. You can read about the available sync options here:

Sync your 1Password data

Ben

• In light of the limitations imposed by Dropbox now (max 3 devices on free accounts), is there any chance you'll be looking to support any other cloud services eg OneDrive or Google Drive (especially as many of us already do pay for subscriptions such as Office 365).

I appreciate this detracts from the revenue potential from the 1Password subscription service, but out of sheer spite I'd be happy to pay another one off amount for 1Password if you guys were to introduce this in the next version across your platforms.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

We're not currently considering additional cloud vendors for 1Password. We truly believe that 1Password membership is going to offer the best experience in this regard and so rather than water that down by spending our time building support for 3rd parties we're focused on making membership even better. :+1:

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file