1Password 7.3.BETA-15 thoughts but wider coverage than this version

Options
PLMan
PLMan
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

As Apple added autosubmit for passwords maybe it is time to have feature back in 1Password?

Update dialog has no commit button, so if user has fast Internet access will have no chances to read what is new. I think that there should be additional button "Install" which should work after downloading update.

There should be possibility to select favorite login items for pages which will effect in showing these items on the top of list when 1Password mini is launched with Cmd+\ shortcut.

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-15
Extension Version: 7.3.BETA-15
OS Version: 10.14.5 (18F203)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    Options

I second this suggestion!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As Apple added autosubmit for passwords maybe it is time to have feature back in 1Password?

@PLMan: There do not (yet?) seem to be APIs for us to use. But if and when there are, we can certainly investigate to see if it's suitable for 1Password. :)

Update dialog has no commit button, so if user has fast Internet access will have no chances to read what is new. I think that there should be additional button "Install" which should work after downloading update.

Automatic updates are supposed to be automatic. You can always uncheck the "Automatically Install Updates" option in 1Password Preferences > Updates to take your time prior to install, and/or view the release notes on out update site any time -- for any version:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com

There should be possibility to select favorite login items for pages which will effect in showing these items on the top of list when 1Password mini is launched with Cmd+\ shortcut.

That's exactly what marking a Login item as Favorite does: it will be listed at the top at URLs where it's a match, even when there are other matches. Cheers! :)

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    Options
    1. It was not about API, but AgileBits decision to follow Apple style not to auto submit data. Then Apple changed this style, but 1Password did not back to previous behaviour
    2. My remark was not about updates but about dialog box. If 1Password shows dialog box with information which user should read then it should show it for reasonable time. If you think that this info is not important, then why to show it at all? Do automatic updates without notification then.
    3. And the same Favourite item will be shown on long list on mobile device, right? So it is not nice way to do this. Something other is favourite list of items to use on small screen and preferred item for certain page/app.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PLMan:

1. No. Autosubmit is a feature of Safari's password manager on macOS. 1Password does not and cannot integrate with that, unless Apple does something similar to what they did with iOS 12 Password Autofill, which has APIs for 3rd party apps, like 1Password.
    2. Thanks for clarifying. It's certainly possible that we could remove the dialing box in the future and have this happen in the background. For now though, you can get the behaviour you were asking for by following my advice above.
    3. The item is a Favorite (or not). It's the same item with the same data and attributes you've assigned to it regardless of the device you happen to view it on. I really hope we don't change that, as it would be really confusing for most people to have an item they've marked as a Favorite on one device not show up as such on another -- and more work to set it as a Favorite manually on each individual device.
  • nils_enevoldsen
    nils_enevoldsen
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty FWIW, I agree with PLMan on #2. Either the dialog should be closed only with user action, or no dialog should be shown in the first place. I suggest the latter.

If release notes are to be shown to the user without user action, that should be after 1PW updates and restarts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nils_enevoldsen: Thanks for your feedback. As I mentioned already,

It's certainly possible that we could remove the dialing box in the future and have this happen in the background. For now though, you can get the behaviour you were asking for by following my advice above.

That's what's available today. We'll continue to evaluate this as we develop future versions. Just be aware that a lot of other people are asking us for a lot of other things, so we need to prioritize what we work on based on what will help the most people.

This discussion has been closed.