1Password will not l populate login fields on https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/users/auth (v7.2.6)

Logging into https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/users/auth 1Password works fine on most other sites. Will not populate the username and password boxes, even if one is selected. Other sites (e.g. Amazon) work correctly.

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:mozilla support forum

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @pgbachman,

Would I be correct in saying you're using Firefox when you have this trouble? Mozilla disable extensions on their own sign-in pages as a security measure. Unfortunately it means you won't be able to use 1Password to fill given 1Password relies on the extension to be the bridge between the otherwise shielded generic window that is the browser. So if you visited the page in either Safari or a Chromium based browser supported by 1Password you would find things fill perfectly, just not in Firefox.

The best recommendation I can give for Firefox is to access 1Password mini and locate your Login item. You can then use drag and drop on the username and password fields from the 1Password mini interface and drag them onto the page in Firefox. Certainly not as convenient as say ⌘\ but saves typing and helps to avoid anything residing in the clipboard if you're worried at all. I do think a default setting in 1Password means it will clear the clipboard though even if you prefer copy and paste.

• pgbachman
    pgbachman
    Community Member

Thanks very much for the response. I have confirmed the behavior.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @pgbachman,

Sorry I don't have any better news. I can certainly see why any of our users would find this annoying but I can also see Mozilla's point of view. In lieu of being 100% confident about the extensions in their own store this is one way to know for certain that nothing is monitoring their own sign-in pages. Hopefully the drag and drop or copy and paste options at least save on typing.

This discussion has been closed.