WLAN sync does not complete, and only primary vault is syncing ...

sd92121
sd92121
Community Member
edited May 2019 in iOS

I am using the purchased version of 1password on my mac and iphone, and use the WLAN to sync multiple vaults between the mac and my iphone. Until recently, this was working fine. Today morning i discovered that both my Primary and Secondary vaults were stuck in the "syncing" state. I tried a bunch of things from your troubleshooting guide for WLAN sync, but that did not fix the problem.

I then deleted both vaults from my phone, and deleted and installed the app again. After setting up the WLAN server, here is what i noticed

• It seems to be syncing items in the "Primary" vault : If I add something to the primary vault on the Mac, it does appear on my phone
  • But it remains in the "syncing" state - he sync never seems to end
  • The IOS app is never able to detect or sync the "Secondary" vault.

Some more details in case that helps you

• I sync between the Mac and iPhone only about once a month. So difficult to say how long this problem has been going on
  • I updated to IOS app version 7.3 a few days ago, and then to 7.3.1 earlier today -
  • The Settings -> ProFeatures does say "Purchased", so it seems that I should be able to sync multiple vaults

How can I (a) get the sync to finish, and (b) be able to sync multiple vaults to my IOS app.

Would love some help on this ...

Regard

Daas

Mac : Sierra 10.12.6
1Password on Mac : 6.8.8
iPhone: IOS 12.2
1Password on iPhone : 7.3.1 (Purchased Version)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @sd92121

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the WLAN server. WLAN sync is the most technically challenging option we offer for syncing 1Password data and it is influenced by the greatest number of factors outside of our control (or ability to troubleshoot). The WLAN troubleshooting guide you referenced is the most comprehensive troubleshooting we're able to offer for WLAN sync. If that does not resolve any difficulties you're having we'd be happy to help you transition to a more reliable sync option.

Ben

• sd92121
    sd92121
    Community Member

Sorry, but this answer is a complete copout - you did not even attempt to try to solve my problem. How about you actually trying to solve my problem instead of "helping me transition" to a new solution ( which of course would require me to upgrade to your new software) ? This is really disappointing.

• I do apologize for the inconvenience @sd92121, but as I mentioned the troubleshooting guide contains all of the information we have about troubleshooting the WLAN server. If you have already tried all of the steps there then something about your setup would seem to be incompatible with it. There is really nothing more I could offer in that regard.

which of course would require me to upgrade to your new software

As a security focused company we really can't recommend any other course of action regardless, but:

• Syncing with Dropbox or iCloud would not require you to upgrade. You could continue using the same versions you currently are. I would recommend considering that a temporary solution though, with getting everything up to 1Password 7 as a short term goal. v6 is retired and is no longer being updated.
    • If you were to sign up for a 1Password membership that would allow you to use the latest versions of 1Password on all of your compatible devices. If you do decide to go this route please email us a copy of any receipts you have for 1Password purchases to support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this thread. When you email in you'll get a support ID. Please post that here so that we can 'connect the dots.' We'll be happy to see how we might be able to ease the transition.

Ben

• sd92121
    sd92121
    Community Member

Would a dump of logs from my Mac's console log help ? What about diagnostics from my 1password app ?

• It would not. If you're intent on using WLAN sync I'd recommend giving the troubleshooting guide another run through. Failing that a different sync option is going to be the only way forward.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.