Password autofill stops working in Safari until Safari is restarted

georgew751
georgew751
Community Member

I am using the latest 1Password 7 (version 7.2.5) on macOS Mojave 10.14.4.

I am working with multiple websites, requiring a password. Usually works great. I click on the Key icon and fill in the password. Recently, after opening several windows and logging in and out of various websites, I will click on the password to autofill it, and nothing happens. It normally works just fine.

I have to Quit Safari and restart it, and then the autofill starts working for a while--until it stops working.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @georgew751! I'm sorry for the trouble. If you're seeing an icon with an actual key, that's quite old -- we haven't used that since 1Password 3 for Mac, and it's likely the source of most, if not all, of your difficulties. I'm guessing, if you're using Safari 12 on macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), you meant "keyhole" icon, since as of version 12 of Safari, Apple's switched to the newer Safari App Extension format. If you open Safari's Preferences > Extensions, what do you see there? What version of 1Password extension is enabled?

• georgew751
    georgew751
    Community Member

Thanks! I love 1Password. This is just a minor glitch. Yes, it is a "keyhole" icon. I didn't know what it was called. Here's what I see:

It's version 7.2.5.

Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@georgew751 - thanks for the clarification. I'm not trying to nitpick you, but rather to avoid either of us assuming we're certain we know what the other is referring to...when that's totally not the case. Don't want to add unnecessarily to confusion or waste anyone's time.

If you are using the proper extension (and it seems you are), and you're experiencing this behavior with Safari, my next questions would be: does this happen only with certain websites -- or is it pretty much on everything, after a while? Especially if the websites for which it's not working normally DO work? Do you have any software on your computer that monitors or filters localhost connections? Typical culprits would be antivirus software, VPNs, or anything else that might redirect or interfere with localhost connections.

• georgew751
    georgew751
    Community Member

It seems to be most any website. All websites normally work OK. It just seems to fail at random times after I have had several Safari windows open for a while. Yes, I do Intego NetBarrier installed, but to my knowledge, it is not blocking any localhost connections.

Give me a couple of days, and I will record specific website failures and try to see if there is a pattern. It does not happen often, but it has happen several times in the past week--enough, so that I decided to look for help. I did just notice that when one normally working website failed, another one still worked. I know that these kind of failures can be hard to track down. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@georgew751 - sounds good; let us know what you discover. :)

• mbr322
    mbr322
    Community Member

my 1Password icon turned grey and fails to work. I am running version 7.3? any ideas

• @mbr322

Please restart the Mac.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.