1Password update (beta 15 & 16) causes macOS to log out after install

Ind3X
Ind3X
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

HI

On the last 2 beta updates my account has been logged out after / during the installation process.

I thought it was just an oddity last time (when installing beta 15 on macOS 10.14.5), but it just done the same again after todays install (when installing beta 16 on macOS 10.14.6 (beta 18G29g)) , so reporting it here.

Couldn't find anyone else reporting the issue so I expect this is isolated my my machine for some reason.

1Password Version: 7.3 beta 16
Extension Version: 7.3 beta 16
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5 & 10.14.6 (beta 18G29g)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Update Causes (beta 15 & 16) causes Mac account to log out after install

Comments

• Hi @Ind3X ,

That is a strange one. We haven't heard about that, nor can we think of how that could happen. When during the install process does it happen?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member

@ag_kevin

At the end / on completion, I think. It hasn't done it for the last 2 installs (the final beta update and today's full release).

I know, very odd! I do have a ton of tabs open. Also, the only other thing I generally change straight after an install, is getting rid of the browser toolbar icon (because it keeps reappearing after updates 🙄). I didn't actually do that after reporting this issue (and prior to the 2 last updates), so not sure if that has anything to do with it not reoccurring.

No biggie. I will report it again if I get any more occurrences, but for now, I guess there's nothing more to do. Thanks for the response though.

• OK thanks. Yes, please do let us know if it happens again.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.