How do I sync my 1password information from my MacBook Air to my iPhone 6?

Hillyspin
Hillyspin
Community Member

I have 1Password on my Mac computer and everything is great. I also have the 1Password on my iPhone 6 and it has never updated, despite
many new/changed passwords on my computer.
I've googled this on the internet and all the instructions talk about PREFERENCES which I cannot find ... I do not have a strip across the top of my iPassword screen with words such as 'General' 'Security' 'Accounts' etc.
Can you help please?

Sorry I cannot answer your additional information as my son installed my 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I sync my 1password information from my MacBook Air to my iPhone 6?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2019

Hi @Hillyspin,

If your son set you up with a 1Password membership, which is the default and recommended way of using 1Password, you'd need to be signed into the same account on both devices in order to have them sync.

On the Mac, open 1Password, and then at the very top of your screen you should see
    1Password File Edit
    etc. Click on 1Password there, then select Preferences, and then open the Accounts tab. Do you see an account listed there?

Then open 1Password on the iPhone. At the very bottom of the screen you should see
    Favorites Categories Tags and Settings.
    Tap on Settings and then 1Password Accounts. Do you see the same account listed there as the one on the Mac?

Ben

• Hillyspin
    Hillyspin
    Community Member

Hello Ben,
    Many thanks for taking the time to try to help me with this problem. I read your instructions carefully and on the iPhone everything is as you say, and my account is listed.
    The problem seems to be with the Mac, because when I open 1Password, at the very top of my screen I do not have the words 1Password, File, Edit. In fact this area is blank on my 1Password site.
    I'm not sure what to do about this; I've played around opening anything that will open, but nothing seems to bring up the words you mention.
    Thanks for trying to help
    Hillyspin

• @Hillyspin

I think you may not be looking high enough? These options are at the very top of your monitor:

Also, it sounds like you may be using the 1Password.com website, rather than the 1Password for Mac application? Could you please confirm what application you're using to access 1Password?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Ben

• Hillyspin
    Hillyspin
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    I didn't even know there were two ways of accessing 1Password (Mac and Website) ... I think I must be using the website, but I'm going to check this out to be sure. I certainly don't have an icon in the tray at the bottom of the screen. I'll get back to you.
    It is very kind of you to spend time helping me to solve this. Thank you very much. Hillyspin

• Happy to help. Please let me know what you find.

Ben

• Hillyspin
    Hillyspin
    Community Member

Just to keep you posted. I didn't have the APP for 1Password on my computer, and when tried to obtain it, it required my son's password as well as mine. So I will ask him next time I see him (about a month or so). For now I can't do anything, but I really do thank you for being so kind and helping.
    Hillyspin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Hillyspin: If that's a password for an administrator, then yes you'd need to wait until they're available. However, if it's for using the App Store, you can install 1Password directly from our website instead:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Either way, we're here if you need us. :)

• Hillyspin
    Hillyspin
    Community Member

Yes, it is an administration password I need, but it will get sorted in due course (hopefully), however if there's any problem I'll get back to you. Thanks. Hillyspin

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.