7.3 upgrade crashing my system

Options
tom32547
tom32547
Community Member

Installed 7.3 upgrade today - at some point in the next couple of hours my stem started crashing. Rebooting and the system behaved for a few minutes - then crashed again, and again.
Rebooted into safe mode - not crashing taking place.
The ONLY change to my system was the upgrade - now I need to go back to the previous version ASAP or trash 1Password.

I am posting this from my iPad, but the crashes are taking place on my desktop Mac Pro

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@tom32547

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your Mac crashing. I would be surprised if 1Password was causing these crashes, but we can test pretty easily. Please open Finder and navigate to the Applications folder in the sidebar. Locate the 1Password 7 app and drag it to the trash. Then reboot the system and empty the trash. Reboot one more time for good measure.

Do the crashes still occur? If so, they're unrelated to 1Password, and you may want to get the Mac in to your closest Apple Genius Bar. If not, they may indeed be, and we'll need to troubleshoot further. Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• tom32547
    tom32547
    Community Member
    Options

You are probably correct - it did crash after uninstalling 1Password. I am reinstalling Mojave right now to see if that manages to fix the issue.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @tom32547. Sorry to hear you're still having trouble but glad it doesn't seem to have been caused by 1Password. Best of luck. :+1:

Ben

• tom32547
    tom32547
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like memory - luckily I have the original sticks that came before I expanded. Now I can just get a new set.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it was easy enough to sort out and not something more serious. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.