1Password not auto-populating fields in my online banking site

My online bank site https://ib24.csob.sk/ requests a username (Identification number) and password (PIN) to login. 1Password seemingly recognises the site, as clicking on the extension icon (both in Chrome and Firefox) lists the appropriate login, but I have to manually click on "Fill" for the login data to populate. Is there a way to force 1Password to enter the login automatically?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hello @RobBTS, and welcome to the forum! This is an interesting one that doesn't come up often, so it's great that you reached out. :)

I believe what you're missing out on is the inline menu or the ability to click a Login directly underneath the username or password field and have it fill for you. It's amazing, isn't it? I want to point out that 1Password will always have a user initiate a fill, so there will be no entering of Logins automatically without you first telling it to do so. There are plenty of reasons for this, and an automatic autofill feature is far too risky nowadays, with attackers hiding scripts on insecure sites that prey on autofill features and harvest data from people who use them. I don't want to get into this too much because I don't think that's your ultimate question, but I felt it was necessary to mention that we have no plans of going that direction.

The reason that the 1Password icon and the inline menu doesn't show up on the website you mentioned is because the fields are a bit too tiny. 1Password X will only show its icon in relevant fields over 90px in width. Once I brought up DevTools on https://ib24.csob.sk, I noticed the width it set to 82px. These rare instances are when you can fall back to using the popup. Luckily, the relevant item should show up at the very top, so the only thing you'd need to do is click on the 1Password icon in your browser, ensure your ib24 Login item is selected, then hit enter. I hope that helps answer your question, but let us know if you think of any others!

• RobBTS
    RobBTS
    Community Member

Hello Kaitlyn, thanks for the answer, it makes more sense to me now.

Maybe you could enable the user to configure the possibility for the icon to appear in fields smaller than 90px. It might mess up the way the field or icon are displayed, but I'm sure some users could put up with that just for the convenience of having the icon visible.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback, @RobBTS!

This discussion has been closed.