My 1Password browser extensions (Safari & Firefox) are no longer working after v7.3

buckZor
buckZor
Community Member

I've tried removing the extensions from both Firefox and Safari, with no success. Please give me other actions to try, I rely on the 1Password extension. I am a Team Vault Administrator.

1Password v7.3 (70300019) - From App Store
macOS Mojave v10.14.5
Firefox v67.0 (64-bit)
Safari v12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @buckZor

My apologies for the inconvenience. A reboot of the Mac should resolve the issue.

Ben

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member

Ok, I will try that, thank you.

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member

Well that was an easy fix, been nice to have been notified when 1Pass updated yesterday that I needed to restart my Mac. I've wasted quite a bit of time troubleshooting this when a simple reboot was all I needed (unknowingly). Frustrated.

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member

ALSO - Is it preferred that we do a manual download & install of 1Password on Mac? Would I have gotten a message to restart my Mac if the app updated itself? I am running the App store version on my latest install, and it's a bit wonky about needing 1Password closed to update it, disconnect between macOS and 1Password on updating..

• @buckZor

Is it preferred that we do a manual download & install of 1Password on Mac?

No preference on our end. Totally your preference.

Would I have gotten a message to restart my Mac if the app updated itself?

We did not anticipate rebooting would be a necessary step, and it seems for many it is not. We're investigating why it was for some and hope to release an update where that will not be required.

Ben

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member

Ok thanks, moving on

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that helped. It's not something we're going to tell millions of 1Password users to do because only a small number need to. Rebooting is always a good thing to try though, as it helps with a wide range of issues on devices. :)

This discussion has been closed.