My 1Password browser extensions (Safari & Firefox) are no longer working after v7.3

Options
buckZor
buckZor
Community Member

I've tried removing the extensions from both Firefox and Safari, with no success. Please give me other actions to try, I rely on the 1Password extension. I am a Team Vault Administrator.

1Password v7.3 (70300019) - From App Store
macOS Mojave v10.14.5
Firefox v67.0 (64-bit)
Safari v12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @buckZor

My apologies for the inconvenience. A reboot of the Mac should resolve the issue.

Ben

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I will try that, thank you.

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member
    Options

Well that was an easy fix, been nice to have been notified when 1Pass updated yesterday that I needed to restart my Mac. I've wasted quite a bit of time troubleshooting this when a simple reboot was all I needed (unknowingly). Frustrated.

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member
    Options

ALSO - Is it preferred that we do a manual download & install of 1Password on Mac? Would I have gotten a message to restart my Mac if the app updated itself? I am running the App store version on my latest install, and it's a bit wonky about needing 1Password closed to update it, disconnect between macOS and 1Password on updating..

• Ben
    Options

@buckZor

Is it preferred that we do a manual download & install of 1Password on Mac?

No preference on our end. Totally your preference.

Would I have gotten a message to restart my Mac if the app updated itself?

We did not anticipate rebooting would be a necessary step, and it seems for many it is not. We're investigating why it was for some and hope to release an update where that will not be required.

Ben

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks, moving on

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that helped. It's not something we're going to tell millions of 1Password users to do because only a small number need to. Rebooting is always a good thing to try though, as it helps with a wide range of issues on devices. :)

This discussion has been closed.