Problem with Bank of America Login

RBT
RBT
Community Member

1P7 7.2.6 (licensed version, on Mojave 10.14.4) would not fill the password line in my BoA login on Safari, so I searched this forum and found a recent post that suggested creating a new manually saved login.

I replaced my existing login with a new manually saved login. When I click the new login in the main app 1P opens the BoA sign-in page and fills only the username line, then jumps to the password line but does not fill it in. If I then poke my 1P menu bar icon and click fill it fills in the password line and I am on my way.

Is there any way to get 1P7 to fill both lines when I click in the main app? Or fill both lines if I go to the BoA sign-in page myself and then poke fill on the menu bar icon?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cmoczarski
    cmoczarski
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue with BOA using Microsoft Edge. It fills in the "Online ID" field just fine, leaves "Passcode" blank.

• RBT
    RBT
    Community Member

1P7 7.2.6 (licensed version, on Mojave 10.14.4) would not fill the password line in my BoA login on Safari. I found a recent post that suggested creating a new manually saved login, so I replaced my existing login with a new manually saved login.

When I click the new login in the main app 1P opens the BoA sign-in page and fills only the username line, then jumps to the password line but does not fill it in. If I then poke my 1P menu bar icon and click fill it fills in the password line and I am on my way.

Is there any way to get 1P7 to fill both lines when I click in the main app? Or fill both lines if I go to the BoA sign-in page and then poke fill on the menu bar icon?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cmoczarski: This discussion is about 1Password for Android. It sounds like you're not using that, but please let me know either way.

If I am thinking of the same thing you're describing (it's hard to say without specifics), nothing -- not even you -- can fill the "Passcode" field until after the "Online ID" field has already been filled. That's why it doesn't work in one try. I'm not sure why they've designed the site this way. Filling again may work though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RBT: If I am thinking of the same thing you're describing (it's hard to say without specifics), nothing -- not even you -- can fill the "Passcode" field until after the "Online ID" field has already been filled. That's why it doesn't work in one try. I'm not sure why they've designed the site this way. Filling again may work though. Give it a shot and let me know.

• cmoczarski
    cmoczarski
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

@brenty I see that I have posted in the wrong area - thanks for pointing out and apologies on the out of order post … BTW - I have tried hitting the "fill" multiple times. It fills in the ID fine, but leaves the passcode blank - so sounds like the same behavior experienced on Android. I'll look to repost in the correct forum. Thanks

• cmoczarski
    cmoczarski
    Community Member

Same issue - but no matter how many times I poke my 1P menu bar, it won't fill in the passcode. I have to manually copy/paste in order to get the password. This only seems to happen with the Bank of America site (so far). Here are the details on the system.
    1Password Version: 7.3.684
    Extension Version: Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
    OS Version: Windows 10.0.17134

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cmoczarski: No need to apologize. Just confirming before splitting you off into a different discussion -- or I may put you in the wrong place too! :lol:

Can you tell me the exact steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening as you expect at each point? I'd like to make sure we're on the same page and try to reproduce what you're seeing.

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Firefox autofill not working for some user/id fields.
  • cmoczarski
    cmoczarski
    Community Member

You bet - I go to the following URL in Microsoft Edge: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/login/sign-in/signOnV2Screen.go

I click the 1P icon and it fills in my Online ID - Pass Code field remains blank
    No matter how many times I click the 1P icon … pass code remains blank
    I click the 1P icon, right click on the BOA entry and select copy password and manually paste into the pass code field … I'm on my way.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cmoczarski: Thanks for that! I've got good news and bad news: the bad news is that we're not going to be able to make it work there. The "classic" Edge has some quirks, and this is one of them. The good news is that Microsoft is working on their new Edge browser, which is Chrome based, so that will be a lot more compatible going forward -- both with regard to websites and 1Password itself. Newer versions of our filling "Brain" work to fill in the password field there when done a second time (since then the password field accept input), so it's just a matter of time and a few updates from us and Microsoft before it will get a bit easier for you -- annoying website design notwithstanding. :)

• cmoczarski
    cmoczarski
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty! I'm already using the new chromium browser from Microsoft and can't wait until there's a 1Password extension ready … if you're looking for beta testers, sign me up!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cmoczarski: 1Password X already works there:

Taking a peek at Microsoft Edge for Mac

And I'm sure we'll all have more to talk about regarding the new Edge later this year as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.