autofill trigger "go" and make it easier in Mini

I recall in the "olden" days being able to choose the right site from a drop-down list, and having 1password autofill, and automatically make the web site accept the fill. I didn't have to choose "login" or "go" or whatever. I think there was an option within 1password to choose whether or not to auto-login/login, without my requiring another click. That seems to have disappeared. I thought I'd only lost it on my iOS devices, but now I see I've lot it on the Mac as well. No?

While I'm on it, I dislike the updated updated mini. Again, I want to be able to click on a site and have the information automatically filled without my having to choose "autofill." If I want to edit it, I'm happy to have to right-click, instead of clicking once. I hate all the clicking I have to do. Yes, I'll try to teach myself the command-/ shortcut. But I automatically go to my trackball, and it's getting harder, not easier.

Thank you for your awesome product. I recommend it to everyone I know.

-Kim Brookes

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:mini autofill

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@khb54321: This is no longer an option on macOS because Apple has made it clear that they don't want apps sending keystrokes, and we agree with them because that is easily abused. When 1Password fills though, it can almost always leave focus on the password field, and most websites will accept pressing Return to submit the form quickly and easily.

Regarding the new design, it's something we'll continue to evaluate along with everyone's feedback on it. It is a bit different, but there are at least three ways to fill now:

• Press Return on a selected Login item
    • Double-click a selected item
    • Click Autofill in a selected item:

Any of those will Open & Fill your login credentials into the first URL you have saved in the Login, but it also allows you to do a fourth thing, in that you can click any of the saved URLs -- not just the first -- to have 1Password Open & Fill that instead.

But yeah, the fastest, most convenient way to fill when you're already on a website where you've got a single Login saved is ⌘ \. Both of those keys can be reached with one hand on the keyboard, and Return is right between them if you want to use it to submit the login form afterward. But that also gives you a chance to do anything else you need to on the page first -- like filling a CAPTCHA, checking a box to keep you signed in, etc.

I hope that helps. Thanks for the kind words and feedback on this! :)

• khb54321
    khb54321
    Community Member

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.