I'm pretty frustrated. I don't find it simple or intuitive. Is there a real person I can talk with?

3Foot
3Foot
Community Member

Nothing seems to be easy. I can see the program and make entries but nothing seems to work as expected. I need someone to speak with about the program and how to set it up otherwise, sad to say, I won't subscribe.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 70300020
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: don't know
Referrer: forum-search:I'm pretty frustrated. I don't find it simple or intuitive. Is there a real person I can talk with?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@3Foot: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the difficulty! We do not have a call center, and the reality is that it isn't feasible to exchange technical information or detailed instructions via voice. We can help you here or via email if you prefer -- support@1password.com -- and that allows you to gather information and/or follow instructions at your own pace. I used to work in a call center, and literally had to call an ambulance for customers on a number of occasions because they fell trying to juggle the phone and their devices, and navigate things to check something for me. I felt terrible, but I am sure it was much more unpleasant for them. So this is really best.

Unfortunately, at this point, without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, when you say "nothing seems to work as expected", what are you referring to specifically? Are you receiving an error message? Please clarify what you're seeing. If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance! :)

• 3Foot
    3Foot
    Community Member

Brenty, I'm sure you have your reasons for not having voice support but I don't find the system set up to be rewarding or particularity helpful. You have some older customers that prefer a helping hand that is immediate and certain. I'm not completely new to computers. Here is my situation:

I'm doing this at my wife's desire to set up all of our passwords in one place that we can access with any of 6 devices, 2013 Mac Air, 2009 IMac 27", 2018 MacBook Pro, 2 IPhones with current IOS and an iPad that is a bit older with IOS 10.3.3. I started by downloading the program on my MacBook Pro. I've been using and haven't had any problems with keychain as a password auto fill. I can't get the !Password to give me an opportunity to save the existing password already provided on the websites. I made the request to my wife to join the program and have been able to see the few passwords I manually loaded on her iPhone. .

I tried with the iPad as well but I suspect the system is too old to work since it would load the program but not accept the master password. The notice that there was a problem and to go to the emergency backup info. I did that and ended up at the same place.

We have been using Pastor over the years and once the information was input, you could simply click on the link and it would take you to the site. I can't seem to get this feature to work from the !password interface, that is if it should.

There has been no dialog boxes to ask if I want to use !Password when visiting a new site, The keychain asks every time though. I do see the icon next to the address bar in the Safari browser and it will open the program.

The most difficult thing is that we are leaving for Europe in a few days and there is time pressure. I was hoping that it would be simple and seamless. It has been most frustrating and I haven't found a concise easy explanation of how to set it up or address the issues (although I did see the one hint to restart the computer to implement the autofill which I'm not certain works yet.

If we decide this isn't the program for my wife and I, I hope we can back out easily.

This email dialog system refuses to let me send the screen shot of the version which is: 7.3 (70300020)

Thanks for your assistance.

David

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@3Foot: I'm sorry for the frustration, but I hope you'll reserve judgement until I've actually had an opportunity to help. In that spirit, thanks for the info. :)

It sounds like there are a few considerations. I'll start with the simplest one. While you can probably use 1Password on the old device running iOS 10 for the time being, that isn't something I would count on long-term. We've released many newer versions of 1Password than you'll be able to run there in order to keep compatibility with updates Apple has released in recent years, and just as a matter of security -- which is why you're probably using 1Password in the first place -- it's really important to stay up to date, and we can't recommend otherwise. Down the road, it's likely that some other changes we make to our service will result in old versions not working the same, since they will not know about any future changes. Just something to keep in mind from the outset. There are a ton of other benefits to keeping updated other than security too, of course.

As far as getting to where you want to be with 1Password on the Mac, you'll need to make sure you have the following installed:

• 1Password app: https://1password.com/downloads/ (it sounds like you may have done this already though)
    • 1Password App Extension in Safari, if you're using that browser (this should be added automatically by Safari itself, but make sure it's present and enabled in Safari Preferences > Extensions)
    • 1Password desktop extension, if you're using a different browser: https://1password.com/downloads/#browsers

In all of the cases above, you should have a 1Password "keyhole" icon in your browser when you can use to select saved Logins to fill:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

I suspect you didn't have an option to save Logins already because of something above that was missing. Once you've got 1Password setup in your browser, you should be able to save there:

https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#UPX-74416-642]

If you’re reading this and you are not 3Foot, this Support ID is for 3Foot only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Be sure to let me know the browser you're using, and the URL for any website you're having trouble with so I can give you detailed instructions to help you get sorted. Thanks in advance! :)

ref: UPX-74416-642

This discussion has been closed.