Trouble when trying to add new account to iOS app

Options
mhardesty
mhardesty
Community Member

I recently signed up for a subscription so that I could get my laptop and devices back into sync using 1password instead of Dropbox, and still avoiding upgrading my laptop, which would make a program I use inoperable. Now that I have the account, I cannot get my phone to add the account. I tried adding the account by scanning the QRC code and entering new password, but the screen just hangs, with a spinning wheel, after I hit "Sign in." Please help! My iOS 1 Password app is updated and the iOS version is 12.1.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox/membership

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi @mhardesty

Is your data currently on 1Password.com? If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ are you able to see it? If so I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the 1Password for iOS app and then trying again:

1Password on the iTunes App Store

and still avoiding upgrading my laptop

I understand your situation but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that as a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, your web browser(s), and 1Password.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• donwlms
    donwlms
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue as mhardesty. I tried deleting and reinstalling the IOS app as you advised but still seeing the same issue. FYI, I used iCloud previously with 1P v6 which I am able to successfully connect to.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @donwlms

Please try reproducing the issue (get 1Password into a state where the screen is hung, with the spinning wheel) and then use this link to send us a diagnostic report from the iOS device:

onepassword://diagnostics

When you email that report in you should get a support ID back from BItBot soon after sending it. Please post that ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

• MJ2018
    MJ2018
    Community Member
    Options

I too am unable to access my account after the iOS update installed last night. I have send diagnostics as suggested. Other devices working fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MJ2018: Can you be more specific? What do you mean by "unable to access my account"? Are you getting an error of some kind?

• MJ2018
    MJ2018
    Community Member
    Options

As with the original post, "but the screen just hangs, with a spinning wheel, after I hit "Sign in." "
    I emailed the report, as per instruction above.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019
    Options

@MJ2018: That person was running a very old version of 1Password, and an outdated version of iOS, so if what you're experiencing is related to an update, it's a completely different issue -- which is why I asked for more details.

• MJ2018
    MJ2018
    Community Member
    Options

Well, this morning, having been unable to connect last night, I find that I have access without doing anything further... Ho hum. Thanks for persisting with your questions. All well currently.

• Ben
    Options

Strange, but glad to hear it is working. Please keep an eye on it and let us know if you have any further difficulty.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.