Since v7.2.6 sidebar sections randomly closing after lock/opening app

Options
petebocken
petebocken
Community Member

I reported this back when v7 was first released. The problem was fixed shortly after that, however appears to have come back with v7.2.6.

The sidebar sections (Categories and Tags) do not stay toggled open after a lock or quit/open.

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Since v7 sidebar sections randomly closing after lock/opening app

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@petebocken,

Have you tried updating to 7.3? I'm not seeing the behavior you describe under that version.

• petebocken
    petebocken
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, just updated after I posted. Just happened to me again. Mac had the screensaver on and then I woke up and unlocked 1P.

• Ben
    Options

@petebocken

Like Rudy I'm not able to reproduce what you've described on my system using v7.3. If you create a new macOS user account are you able to reproduce the problem there? Please open System Preferences > Users & Groups and then click the + button to add a new user (you may need to unlock System Preferences at the bottom left before this button will become available). Create a new user account. Sign out of your current user account using the  > Log Out option in the menu bar and then sign in to this new user account that you've created. Do you see the same behavior there?

Ben

• petebocken
    petebocken
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the problem is present on a brand new macOS user as well.

Here are some steps I've taken to reproduce:

• Lock 1P and re-login right away - doesn't happen
    • Lock Screen in macOS and re-login right away - doesn't happen
    • Sleep in macOS and re-login right away - happens

So this probably would make sense in my normal usage. If I leave my Mac for a particular timespan and come back and login, they are toggled closed.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2019
    Options

Okay, thanks @petebocken. I'll ask our QA folks to take a look at this. :) If you haven't already you can delete the user account that you created to test with.

Ben

ref: apple-3762

• petebocken
    petebocken
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this issue? Problem remains on 7.3.1

• Ben
    Options

@petebocken

It looks like code was recently submitted that we're hoping will address the issue. It'll likely need to go through beta testing before being included in a stable release. I couldn't say when it will be available, but it is a good sign that the code has been written. :)

Ben

• petebocken
    petebocken
    Community Member
    Options

Updated to 7.3.2 (build #70302004) just now and I see this has been addressed. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @petebocken! Thank you for the update :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• petebocken
    petebocken
    Community Member
    Options

Hate to say it, but this issue is back. Not exactly sure when or which version it started with again, but i've seen it happen a few times in the past week.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@petebocken:

What version of 1Password do you currently have installed?

• petebocken
    petebocken
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Version 7.4.1 (70401002) 1Password Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation @petebocken. Our developers have been made aware of this.

ref: dev/apple/issues#4380

• petebocken
    petebocken
    Community Member
    Options

Issue still exists on 7.4.3 (70403002) 1Password Store

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @petebocken. The code that was written to address this hasn't been scheduled into a release yet, and likely won't be until 1Password 7.6 at the earliest. I wish I had more encouraging news to share for the short term, but that's the current situation.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.