Unable to log into 1password application on Mac but can in browser

Options
jenwa24
jenwa24
Community Member

Hi - whenever I launch 1Password on my Mac to do some administrative work, it is not recognizing my Master Password. However, using the same Master Password through my browser works. I had some earlier issues with my account and I may have messed it up somehow. I do notice that the application that comes up on the Mac says 1Password 7, and just yesterday I updated the browser extension to 1Password X so I don't know what version it was before (note that I had the same problem before I updated the extension).
How can I fix the client app so that it recognizes my Master Password? Thank you in advance!

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.6 (70206001) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.15.1 (Chrome)
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unable to log into 1password application on Mac but can in browser

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jenwa24

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble unlocking 1Password for Mac. Do you have a vault called "Primary" in the 1Password for Mac application? If so, when you log in at https://my.1password.com (or use 1Password X) do you see all of your items? If so you'll want to delete that Primary vault, as that would be what is tripping you up. When a Primary vault exists 1Password unlocks using the password of that vault, which may be different from your 1Password.com Master Password. To do so select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and then sign back in to your account.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• jenwa24
    jenwa24
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Ben - thanks so much for the assistance, but I don't know if I have a Primary vault. I don't recall if it was there the last time I was able to get in. Is there any other way to tell if a Primary vault exists in my 1Password for Mac? If not, then should I just do the Reset All process you mentioned? Thanks again for your time!

• Ben
    Options

As long as all of your items are available to you at https://my.1password.com/ then yes, I'd recommend doing that.

Ben

• jenwa24
    jenwa24
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so very much! :)

• Ben
    Options

You are very welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.