Browser Extensions Always Requiring Reinstall

stevenc317
stevenc317
Community Member

Starting months ago I have noticed across all of my Mac computers an almost daily requirement to reinstall the browser extensions. This issue is not limited to a single browser, but when it occurs in one browser it also requires a reinstall of the extension in all the other browsers. Why is this? Primarily I use Firefox and Chrome, but I have also noticed this in Safari. Also to make it clear this happens on multiple macs and an almost every other day basis.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @stevenc317

That certainly should not be the case. When the problem occurs, please generate a diagnostic report and send it to us. Please note that the report should be generated while the issue is occurring, or it'll be of little use. Instructions can be found here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104183/browser-extensions-always-requiring-reinstall#latest
    • Your forum username: stevenc317

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• stevenc317
    stevenc317
    Community Member

Ben, will do. I'll update this when I have the diagnostic report

• :+1: :)

Ben

• stevenc317
    stevenc317
    Community Member

[#UWH-39812-668]

• stevenc317
    stevenc317
    Community Member

Also, like I said this happens across three different macs using multiple browsers. Sometimes closing the 1password helper and relaunching 1password fixes it, not always. Many times I am forced to reinstall the browser extension.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stevenc317 - looks like the email support team has picked up the conversation; let's keep things going that way, as it will likely involve details of your specific setup that shouldn't be on this public forum. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.