2FA code to be part of the notification text

anaxagoras
anaxagoras
Community Member

Hi, is there any chance to see 2FA code copied to clipboard in the notification text? So it is visible for example on Garmin or any other smartwatches?

Comments

• Hi @anaxagoras

Thanks for the suggestion. Surprisingly I don't think I've seen that idea before. I'll mention it to the team for further consideration. :)

Ben

• anaxagoras
    anaxagoras
    Community Member

I think this makes sense from the UX perspective. Short-term memory can safely remember the number for the time the notification is shown on macOS or iOS systems and especially on iPhone, it is sometimes quicker to fill the number manually than paste it from the clipboard. Honestly I personally turned off the notifications for 1P on Mac and iPhone because I use the program a lot and at the end of the day I end-up with lot off notification just saying the password have been copied and cleared to/from the clipboard. I know it works this way so I do not need to be informed each time. I would prefer to have only one notification saying: "Your code is XXX XXX."

• Sounds reasonable. :+1: :)

Ben

• anaxagoras
    anaxagoras
    Community Member

Hello, just checking, has this idea been considered as useful by the team? :-)

• @anaxagoras

While it is certainly a neat idea we've got a lot of other irons in the fire at the moment and I believe yours is the only request we've had for the functionality. As such, while the answer isn't 'no,' it is 'not right now.'

Ben

This discussion has been closed.