How to make Categories stay open? (Arrow down)

iMacIIuser
iMacIIuser
Community Member

I like to keep the Categories section open so that I can quickly go to the category I want. In previous versions, this stayed open, but in 1Password 7, I have to open it up every time, which gets annoying. Is there a way I can make it stay open by default, so when I log into 1Password and open up the main window, it will be like I left it the last time -- open?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to make categories stay open

Comments

• ceit
    ceit
    Community Member

Agreed, please fix this! I mostly use Secure Notes and would like 1Password to stay open to here. Thanks!

• Hi folks. This appears to be a bug. I've got our team looking into it. Thank you for the report.

Ben

ref: apple-3762

• ceit
    ceit
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, looking forward to it!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ceit - thanks for reporting (to all of you)! :)

• Joshua Wyner
    Joshua Wyner
    Community Member

Is there any update on this? It has been nearly a year since the last post and I note this is still an issue. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Joshua Wyner:

What version of the 1Password app are you currently running?

• Joshua Wyner
    Joshua Wyner
    Community Member

@ag_ana Mac v 7.5 (70500003). Every time 1Password locks and reopens, the entire sidebar collapses still.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Joshua Wyner:

Thank you for the confirmation! This was fixed in a previous update, but apparently it managed to appear again in certain cases. I see an internal issue where we mentioned version 7.6 to fix this, so we will try to get that included in a next update ;)

This discussion has been closed.