Auto Fill Question I iOS

mskopel
mskopel
Community Member

Hello,

I’ve noticed that for some websites auto-fill does not work when I click on a URL in the 1Password app. Once the site opens I can select the 1P key icon and my credentials fill in. In the larger scheme of things it is not a big deal, I am just wondering why that might be and if there is anything I can do to have auto-fill work on the first try.

Just to clarify, I am not talking about auto-submit, just auto-fill.

Thanks.
Michael

1Password Version: 7.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mskopel

It sounds like you may be using the browser built into 1Password ("1Browser") for filling. There is a newer way of doing things that may produce better results for you. You can read about that here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, I had set that up and have been using the new process for filling in a login. The reason I will go into 1Password to login is when I don’t remember a URL. It sounds like direct from a browser is the preferred way now and that has been working well.

• Indeed. :) Even if I don't remember the URL to a page generally the suggestions/autocompletion in the browser's URL bar is incredibly useful... for example I may not remember the URL to the login page for this forum (heh), but if I start typing 1pa... in the address bar in Safari it suggests it for me. Something to consider.

Ben

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member

I would like to make a feature suggestion based on this thread. I would like to have a settings option which tells 1Password to open the URL in Safari rather than in 1Password’s browser.

Thanks.

• @mskopel

You can do that now by long pressing on the URL then selecting "Open in Safari." :)

Ben

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member

Well, how about that. Thanks.

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.