Attaching pdf to record

I have made pdf of all my credit cards, passports etc and would like systematically to attach them to the relevant record in 1P. I don't seem to be able to do it satisfactorily. If I add the pdf as an attachment and then click on it, it doesn't open but tries to get me to save it somewhere.
Am I doing something wrong?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: W10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• 1Password 7 doesn't support PDF previews at the moment, @Andrew42. You can save it and open it externally, but you cannot view it in 1Password. This was actually how 1Password 4 worked as well, but we didn't feel like 4 was adequately clear about that fact. In 1Password 7, we wanted to make it abundantly obvious that you're saving a file externally. We have been able to add some limited support for previewing images specifically for Document items in 1Password accounts, but there's no support for PDFs just yet. I suspect you've done everything properly and are simply running into some known limitations.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks Bundkate. How are your fingernails??

• Ask me again later tonight, @Andrew42. I'm trying my best to forget about the last game, but I don't think I bought enough beer to manage it. 🙈 One effect this series has had on me is that I've developed a ridiculous number of superstitions. I guess it's a coping mechanism. We didn't get stomped because we stink, we got stomped because NBC played Gloria before the game. Obviously a conspiracy, right? :lol:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

You must be over the moon or have you already gone back to party in STL?? I lived in Cheerful Chesterfield and then the CWE for years and we NEVER got close!! How very exciting for you.

• I don't even know what to do with myself, @Andrew42. I got so many wonderful messages of congratulations from my teammates this morning, you'd think I had a baby or got married or something. I guess I should have expected as much working for Canadians. These people get me. :lol:

Alas, I'm still in South Texas celebrating from afar, but I do have my Blues flag flying on my front porch and am thinking of having my old Sobotka jersey (the garb chosen for the big day) bronzed or something. Mostly my enthusiasm has only served to confuse Texan delivery people, but I am beyond thrilled. My boyfriend keeps texting me "Dude, we actually won" at random times throughout the day so I think it's still sinking in a bit. Regardless, it's been an awesome (if at times terrifying) ride and I do so wish I could be in STL for the parade. That's not in the cards, but I'm thinking I'll Amazon and inflatable cup and march down my street with my flag so I can be there in spirit. And probably confuse more delivery people. :wink:

I hope you're enjoying it as well, and if you let me know when you'll be hosting your local parade, well, I'll make sure to step out and wave my flag for you too. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.