1Password Mini: cmd+up arrow shortcut to also open Categories menu?

skatch
skatch
Community Member

The new 1Password Mini lets you open the Categories menu using the ⌘+⇩︎ keyboard shortcut. If you've selected, say, "All Items" in the categories menu, it feels like it should be possible to then use ⌘+⇧ to re-open the Categories menu and navigate upwards.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@skatch - I'm not sure what you mean; if you use ⌘⇩︎ to open the Categories menu and then select anything, the Categories menu disappears...because you selected something. To re-open it (in order to scroll in any direction, or use the mouse to select something else), use the same keyboard shortcut: ⌘⇩︎ .

• skatch
    skatch
    Community Member

Yup, I understand. What I’m suggesting is that cmd+up arrow should also open the categories menu.

For example: let’s say I’ve opened 1pwd mini and changed the category to “Passwords” to find a password I just generated. Later, I open 1pwd mini again and want to change the category back to “All Items”.

In this situation I want to navigate up the categories menu, so it feels more natural to me to hit cmd+up to open the menu then tap up up up a few more times, rather than hitting cmd+down arrow to open the menu.

Not sure if that explanation makes sense?

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

@skatch In this instance why wouldn't you just use the same keyboard shortcut to re-open the Categories drop down and then just arrow up/down the list?

• skatch
    skatch
    Community Member

@OAW it's fine to do that. It just feels a little odd, at least to me. Something about the down direction implied by the cmd+down shortcut feels like a weird way to start navigating up the list.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@skatch - I can certainly see how that might feel more natural because you want to go UP, not DOWN. But while I'm happy to mention this to our development team, I'm not sure they'd see the wisdom in assigning two different keyboard shortcuts to the same basic action (open Categories menu). But I do understand your reasoning. :)

• skatch
    skatch
    Community Member

Fair enough! Yeah I was thinking others may not share the same opinion. Thanks for forwarding for consideration :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@skatch - you're quite welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.