update failed message on my dock

mail_ronandclaudia
mail_ronandclaudia
Community Member

I have an icon on my dock saying update failed but it looks like 1PW v7 is installed and running. When I checked for updates it said I'm up to date. I migrated to v7 last week and don't use this laptop much so wondering if that message is because it didn't find 1PWv6? However, after checking for updates the message is still on my dock. "Failed to find the version of installed 1PW application. What does this mean?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1PW membership

Comments

• mail_ronandclaudia
    mail_ronandclaudia
    Community Member

As per my question above: can I simply delete that 'update failed' message since it looks like everything is OK with 1PW v7?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mail_ronandclaudia: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If the icon in your Dock is that down arrow inside the 1Password logo, that's 1Password's updater. If you've added it to your Dock, you can remove it; if you've got it there because of macOS's "recent apps" feature, you can ignore it (or disable the feature). Are you able to open the main 1Password app ("keyhole" icon) and use 1Password normally?

• mail_ronandclaudia
    mail_ronandclaudia
    Community Member

Yes. I can use 1PW normally. Since it took a few days for your reply, the icon in question is no longer there. I don't think it was behind the line for the 'recent app' feature. At any rate, since I know it wasn't a necessary part of 1PW, I'll just delete it in the future if 1PW is working OK. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear that 1Password is working! I'm almost certain it would have been the updater in "recent apps" since it would not disappear on its own otherwise, but it sounds like you should be all set. If not, just get in touch. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.