How do I display tags in 1password 7 mini

jeffseaman
jeffseaman
Community Member

I just updated from the most recent 1Password 6 to 1Password 7, and it appears that there is no way of accessing all of my saved logins by tag. My entire vault is highly organized by tags (a great feature, by the way), so that I could easily pick any login without having my hand leave the mouse. Now it appears that I need to type the name into a search box in order to find any item - or am I missing something?

Did you really remove a critical feature with the new version?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 mini display tags

Comments

• FragileBits
    FragileBits
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Same issue here.

Restoring tags within mini would be ideal.

The main theme that I have seen within 1Password's responses to similar feedback is that mini - along with its default Suggestions - is designed for conveniently filling passwords for the web page that you are already on.

That's fine, but it ignores the use case of using 1Password mini to quickly and easily navigate AWAY from the website that you are currently viewing.

Placing tags back within the options would enable doing this much more easily, facilitating the selection and opening of other websites and auto-filling their associated login info with relative ease.

To a certain extent, using Favourites may help as a workaround. But Favourites a) can't be set as the default view for mini and, b) depending on how many sites you typically want to visit on any given day, may also prove overly long and cluttered compared with using tag-based navigation.

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

I also vote to restore the old functionality to mini. It is very confusing when you change the interface that we all use for many years.

NOTE: If I type the TAG name into the search bar I can see all items in that TAG. But still the old display was more intuitive.

• shgUK
    shgUK
    Community Member

Ditto above. Please restore display by Tag

• Thanks for the feedback on this folks. We are evaluating some possible changes in this regard.

Ben

• eblazer
    eblazer
    Community Member

+1 to restoring tags in mini. They're especially useful when you have 100s of logins for the same website/URL all with similar names and/or tags. Searching for these isn't efficient because I either can't remember the right magical thing to search for, or it takes too much time/effort to type that right magical search phrase. Instead, visually seeing/navigating the tag hierarchy is faster.

• :+1:

Ben

• scottbeyer
    scottbeyer
    Community Member

I also found this thread because I discovered that the tags I rely on daily were suddenly missing from 1Password mini. I'd love to see them restored somehow, maybe in the dropdown along with Suggestions, Favorites, All Items, etc.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback @scottbeyer :) As Ben wrote, we are evaluating some possible changes when it comes to this.

• Scottivo
    Scottivo
    Community Member

I really like 1Password but I'm now looking around for an alternative because the tags functionality is so important to me. Without it it takes me a lot longer to check a series of sites I visit on a weekly basis. Am I missing something from the thread above, or has the ability to view a set of log-ins by tag been completely removed from the application?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Scottivo,

Am I missing something from the thread above, or has the ability to view a set of log-ins by tag been completely removed from the application?

The tags feature has not been removed from 1Password. You can still use tags both in the desktop app, and in 1Password Mini.

What has been hidden in the last update is the possibility to filter your items by tag in 1Password Mini, and in Mini alone (although you can still search by tag name in the search field there).

• Scottivo
    Scottivo
    Community Member

I really like 1Password but I'm now looking around for an alternative because the tags functionality is so important to me. Without it it takes me a lot longer to check a series of sites I visit on a weekly basis. Am I missing something from the thread above, or has the ability to view a set of log-ins by tag been completely removed from the application?

• Scottivo
    Scottivo
    Community Member

Thanks ag_ana. It's the ability to filter items that I miss greatly, however, I hadn't realised that you could search by tag name in the search field. That will make things much easier for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Scottivo, you are very welcome! I am glad to hear this is going to help you.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day! :)

• Good afternoon, everyone. I want to thank you all for the feedback here. We've published our first beta of 7.3.1 that works towards addressing the issues. You can read more about it here.

If you'd like to try out this update before we ship it you should install the beta from here: 1Password 7.3.1 beta for Mac

(This beta will automatically update to the stable version of 7.3.1 when it is released)

This discussion has been closed.