Make the TOTP clipboard storage time configurable

mirco
mirco
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Mac

When a site uses 2FA, 1password will automatically copy the TOTP token to my clipboard and only restore the original content after 30 seconds. Although this is really convenient, it often breaks my workflow, because it usually takes less than 5 seconds to paste the TOTP token and then I have to wait another 25 seconds until I can eventually paste what I wanted to paste in the first place.

Therefore, can you please make the period configurable so I can make 1password restore the original clipboard content after 5 seconds? Or maybe add an option to completely disable copying the TOTP token? I could still paste the TOTP token using CMD + # then.

1Password Version: 7.2.4

Comments

• Hi @mirco,

Thanks for the feedback on this. We have a fairly high bar for adding new preferences. If you do a search on this forum for "add a preference" you can likely see why pretty quickly. That said, we can certainly keep an eye out for demand for such an option and evaluate if it is something we can incorporate in the future.

Thanks!

Ben

• mirco
    mirco
    Community Member

Version 7.3 finally allows us to deactivate the feature under "Settings" -> "Browser" -> "Automatically copy one-time passwords". Thank you big time for implementing this! Now the 1password workflow is flawless. :)

• Thanks for saying so @mirco. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.