Username and password not filling.

After the last update (1.15.2), 1password X will not always fill in the username and password. It seems like it works 1 time (at least it did for us) and then it just stops filling.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: no sync other than 1password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @crios! This is the first report I've heard, so I'm wondering how your system differs from the rest. I'd love to grab some more info from you.

• When you say 1Password X will not always fill in the username and password, is the inline menu available for you to click, but the info just doesn't fill, or is the inline menu not shown?
    • Are you filling from the inline menu or the popup?
    • Are you first opening a new tab, typing in a URL, the filling your credentials using 1Password X, or are you using the Go & Fill feature where 1Password X opens the new tab for you?

If you could potentially share a screencast/screenshot without showing any sensitive info, that would be incredible. It'll help me to see what you're seeing so I can determine where things are going wrong. Thanks!

• crios
    crios
    Community Member

We figured it out. I had to compare the saved record to another one for the same site. It looks like you have to allow some odd looking URL along with the main site URL for the autofill to work. I was deleting it out because it was... strange. Thanks.

• Hey @crios! What you're describing sounds like the site uses an iframe for their login form (a frame within the page that allows the site creator to display content, often from a different website, independent of the rest of the page). That would explain 1Password refusing to fill your credentials without the iframe's URL present in the Login item. Anyway, I'm glad you were able to sort things out. :+1:

• crios
    crios
    Community Member

I should have more faint in 1Password. We should all have more faith in 1Password.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Agreed! I've even found it to be smarter than myself sometimes. :lol:

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

I've notice this too on a few sites. using version 1.16.2, on creative live. When I attempt to login in the popup 1password drop down showing the login it doesn't fill in automatically. Cutting and pasting from extension in Chrome does.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DBLClick! When you say creative live, do you mean https://www.creativelive.com?

If so, it looks like a similar situation where we'll want 1Password to create the item for us. It's smart enough to determine exactly what goes where on this particular page. I'll lay out the exact steps I took to get filling working correctly:

1. Open https://www.creativelive.com and click "Log In."
    2. Type (or copy/paste) your email address in the proper field.
    3. On the 1Password X inline menu, click the 3 dots. Just a warning that it took a little bit for the inline menu to appear on this page, but it showed up eventually. I believe the video header may be slowing things down a bit.
    4. Select the last option – Save Login.
    5. Click on "Update Saved Login" and select "Save New Login" instead. I'd add the word "new" to the title so you can distinguish it from your existing Login.
    6. Click Save.
    7. Click "Continue With Email"
    8. Type (or copy/paste) your password in the proper field.
    9. In the 1Password X inline menu, click "Save in 1Password."
    10. Select the Login that you added the word "new" to.
    11. Click Update.

After that's finished, you can refresh the page and try filling your new Login from either the popup or the inline menu, and you should find that it fills correctly. Please let me know if it doesn't!

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

I did mean I already have an account and id, it just will not fill.

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

followed the settings, https://www.creativelive.com will still not autofill with password x.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@DBLClick – Perfect! That's exactly what I thought you meant. Were you able to follow each of my steps or were there any that you weren't able to complete? When you say it won't autofill, does it not show up in the 1Password X inline menu or are you clicking the "Autofill" button in the popup and your credentials aren't being filled?

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

I followed your steps and over written previously saved username/password and signed out refreshed and again it will not "Autofill" when you press the autofill button. or from the popup.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@DBLClick – What platform are you using, and do you have the 1Password desktop app installed as well as 1Password X?

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

yes, both betas and on the Mac os 10.14

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

Thanks for letting me know, @DBLClick! Would you mind moving our conversation over to email so I can send you a copy of my Login item for creativelive.com just to see if it behaves any differently? If so, go ahead and send us an email with a link to this thread to support+x@1password.com and I'll keep an eye out for it.

ref: TIM-18293-164

This discussion has been closed.