1PW7 adding additional MAC

lescovorro
lescovorro
Community Member

I have 1PW7 using a WLAN to sync to a folder. I purchased a license for more than one MAC. I have 1PW7 running on MAC 1 and MAC 2, but MAC 2 is Read Only. How do I activate 1PW7 on MAC 2?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: WLAN > Folder (external hard drive)
Referrer: forum-search:adding anothger mac to license

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lescovorro - if you have a standalone setup, then you'll need to apply the license to each instance of 1Password you want to use. You've already done that on your first Mac (which is presumably the same one you used to make the license purchase). On your second Mac, locate that original email from FastSpring with your license file in it, and double-click it to download the license file into your Downloads folder, then double-click that file from the Downloads folder with 1Password for Mac running in order to license 1Password 7 for Mac. Hope that helps! :)

• lescovorro
    lescovorro
    Community Member

Another Mac. I have followed your instruction.
    Downloaded 1PW for Mac
    Opened with master login
    Downloaded the license file
    Now shows 1Password 7 Version 7.3 (stand-alone with sync to a Folder)
    However, Safari extension is not working and the Mini icon in not in the menu bar

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lescovorro - please restart your Mac. Let me know how that works.

• lescovorro
    lescovorro
    Community Member

Nope. Didn't work

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lescovorro - sorry to hear that didn't help. The next steps I'd run through would be these. Let us know how that works for you.

• lescovorro
    lescovorro
    Community Member

1PW extension shows and is checked in Safari, but no Mini on Menu Bar.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

@lescovorro - you don't see the mini in your Mac's menubar? Or are you referring to seeing the extension icon in Safari's menubar? If you click Safari's Preferences > Extensions, what do you see there? Version, please.

• lescovorro
    lescovorro
    Community Member

1Password 7.3 Safari Extension
    No Mini Icon on Mac Menu Bar
    No Extension Icon on Safari Menu Bar

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2019

@lescovorro

Please try this, then:

1. Drag 1Password for Mac from the /Applications folder in Finder to the Trash
    2. Restart the Mac
    3. Download a fresh copy of 1Password 7.3 here: https://c.1password.com/dist/1P/mac7/1Password-7.3.pkg
    4. Launch 1Password
    5. Restart the Mac
    6. In 1Password check that 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running is enabled
    7. In Safari open View > Customize Toolbar... and then drag the default set from the bottom of the customization screen to the toolbar and then click done.

You should see the 1Password icon both in the menu bar (by the clock) as well as in the Safari toolbar. Now does 1Password work in Safari? If not we're going to need to see some diagnostic information. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97425/1pw7-adding-additional-mac#latest
    • Your forum username: lescovorro

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• lescovorro
    lescovorro
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

The Extension Icon did show up, but it is not on my Mac Menu Bar. Emailing diagnostic report in a few minutes. It will come from [removed for your privacy], because it is this mac I am having issues with 1PW.

• lescovorro
    lescovorro
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

[#AGV-62376-141]

ref: AGV-62376-141

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lescovorro - I'm also wondering whether your Mac might be simply hiding the 1Password mini -- if you've got too cluttered a menubar, some of the items simply will not display. This can often be the case on smaller screens; might it be an issue on yours?

• lescovorro
    lescovorro
    Community Member

Well, my menu bar only has WiFi and ClealMyMac Icons. The Extension Icon on the Safari Nav Bar is there and works fine. I guess I don't need the one on the Mac Menu bar.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @lescovorro ,
    Just wanted to chime in and go over this basic step to make sure we didn't miss anything:
    Please go to 1Password -> Preferences -> General, and make sure that "Show 1Password in the menu bar" is selected and enabled.

• lescovorro
    lescovorro
    Community Member

It worked. Thank you.

• Thanks for the update @lescovorro. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.