1Password no longer opening in Firefox on MacOS

Options

I recently updated my 1Password desktop app to 7.3. Since then my Firefox extensions has stopped opening. I've tried completely uninstalling everything, reinstalling, restarting browser and computer and nothing seems to work.

When I click the icon in the browser extensions tray nothing happens. When I try to use the CMD + / keyboards shortcut nothing happens.

This morning I completely uninstalled the desktop app and the extension in Firefox. After reinstalling I'm seeing the same behavior. Nothing happens when I click the 1password icon in the browser.

What else can I try?

Firefox version: Developer Edition 68.0b6

At one point in troubleshooting, I replaced the Firefox extension with 1Password X and that worked. I'm not ready to switch to that though since some of the design changes don't work well with my regular workflows.

1Password Version: 7.3 (70300020)
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hello @davekonopka,

Can you try the following for me please and let me know if you see any improvement.

1. If 1Password is currently running hold down the alt/option ⌥ key and click on the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen. Select the menu option Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Drag the 1Password Application bundle from /Applications/ to the Trash.
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Download and install a fresh copy of 1Password.
    5. Launch 1Password and unlock.
    6. Launch Firefox and test to see if the extension is working.

If you're still having trouble after this I think we'll need to review a diagnostic report. Can you create and send one in please, this link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

This discussion has been closed.