two email logins for Paypal with the same password

d41e
d41e
Community Member

I can login to my Paypal account with two different email addresses but they both use the same password. now 1password is telling me I have a duplicate password even though I actually don't. Is there a way to link the two logins together in 1password.
Thanks

Dale

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:two email logins for Paypal with the same password

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @d41e,

Thank you for getting in touch!

It is not possible to link two Logins together or add several usernames to the same Login item at the moment.

I can see that it is possible to add additional email addresses to the same PayPal account, but I am not sure why I would do it personally. Is there a particular reason you want to store two different Login items in 1Password, if they sign you in to the same account? Please let me know.

You can also add your second email to the same Login in the custom field, like this:

This way you will be able to get rid of your duplicate Login item. I hope it helps.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• d41e
    d41e
    Community Member

Hi Greg

Thanks for that, adding the second email address in the custom field works great.

It is just laziness on my part I suppose. I have 2 long standing email addresses which are used to login to various sites where paying with PayPal is an option. When I select to use PayPal it automatically fills in the email address associated with that website then I just add my password.

Thanks

Dale

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @d41e,

Thank you for the info! 1Password is not designed to have multiple usernames, so please stick to the workaround I shared above.

If there is anything else I can help you with, we are always here for you. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.