1Password hijacking CMD+1 in OneNote?

dszp
dszp
Community Member

I've used the CMD+1 shortcut in Microsoft OneNote for a long time to add a checkbox/check it/delete it (in rotation). It's worked fine for a long time. However, today when I typed CMD+1 to remove a checkbox, 1Password popped up a standalone "Search 1Password" box. I can't find any preferences in 1Password that show this shortcut anywhere, or how to disable it. How do I stop this and get my OneNote checkboxes back?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: Business/Personal

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dszp - sorry for the trouble! Here are the keyboard shortcuts utilized by 1Password, for reference. Cmd+0-9 will select vaults in order they were created...but they are not global shortcuts, so that should happen only when you have 1Password as the front-most app. For example, I just did it with my current Browser (Brave) open, and the command simply selected an open Brave tab; 1Password was not invoked at all. There are only three "global" keyboard shortcuts in 1Password:

• ⌘\ (Fill Login on current web page)
    • ⌥⌘\ (Show 1Password mini)
    • ^⌥⌘L (Lock)

Command + K would be the closest thing to what I think you're describing, but that's the Quick Open search window, and it's certainly different from Command + 1. Do you have key-mapping software or other macro software like Keyboard Maestro or even Apple's own shortcuts in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts set up, perhaps from something old/abandoned?

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

Sorry for the late reply--rebooting fixed, haha. I really didn't want to at the time because of what I was in the middle of, but I forgot to come back and report that the "standard troubleshooting method" worked :-D

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dszp - no worries! We tend to assume that no news is good news. :) And yeah, "restart" has become a tech support cliché because of how often it clears things up - stuck caches, crashed background processes, etc. Glad to hear it worked in your case. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.