New Windows Computer - Login doesn't work

I'm using 1Password Version 4.6.2.626 on a Windows 10 Home computer accessing it with the software. I do have my secret key as well as master password. This works well.

I just purchased a new Windows 10 Home computer. When I try to install the app or try to login to 1Password using Chrome I receive the following error message:
"Anmeldung nicht möglich. Ihre E-Mail-Adresse, Ihr Secret Key oder Ihr Master-Passwort ist nicht korrekt."
I.e. login data are not correct - which is not true to my understanding.

When following the instructions ("View my account") on my old computer or iPhone I'm redirected to the app where I can view the secret key I already tried to use on my new computer.

1Password works well on my old computer and my iPhone using the app.
I can't access 1Password on my new computer - neither via Chrome nor can I complete the software download to my new computer.

What else can I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Alexandra1977,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for the confusion.

The sign into an account option (with Secret Key and Sign-in address and QR code) in 1Password 7 for Windows (the version of 1Password that you downloaded on your home computer) is strictly for users that have signed up for the new subscription plan. If you use 1Password 4.6.2.626, it means that you use a local vault in 1Password right now, not 1Password account.

I noticed that you sent us an email, so I will get back to you there and provide you with further instructions. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: DQD-51112-767

• dezignin
    dezignin
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

I cannot log into my windows version. I have tried my master password and it will not allow me to login. is there a way to reset just the desktop version. Thanks!
    using version 7.3.684

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dezignin,

Did you change the Master Password for your 1Password account?

The thing is that if you're using 1Password for Windows, you'll need to finish changing your password in the app. Open and unlock 1Password 7 on your PC using your old Master Password, click the red authentication error banner, and sign in with your new Master Password.

Please give it a try and let me know if it works. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• dezignin
    dezignin
    Community Member

Thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dezignin,

You are very welcome! I am glad to hear that my hunch was correct here. :)

Do not hesitate to contact us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.