Mass change to another vault does not work

Options
hbvail
hbvail
Community Member

I tried to do a mass change to the "shared" vault but it doesn't work. I performed a CMD A, highlighted them all, went to "Item" on the menu and selected change vault which I did to "shared". It made them all personal. I have a Family account for two Mac's.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @hbvail! I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you give us a little more information? Were you doing this in a browser at 1password.com? Or were you using one of our 1Password applications. If so, can you tell us:

1. What specific version of 1Password you were using?
    2. What specific version of macOS (or Windows) you're running on the system where you tried this?
    3. What specific steps you took and where things didn't work the way you expected?
    4. anything else you think might be important for us to know.

Thanks. :)

• hbvail
    hbvail
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I didn't complete the information. Both of us use the 1Password Application (7.3) (Family Account), both are on Apple Mojave 10.14.5. I have a MacBook Pro and she has a MacBook Air. I went on my machine and did a CMD-A to highlight all the entries in my "Logins", then went to the menu "Item", then to "Change Vault", tried to change them all to "Share" and it didn't happen.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hbvail - thanks for the clarification. Were you in your Personal vault when you did this, or in the All Vaults view? If you want to move data from one vault to another, please try these steps. And make sure you start out viewing the vault you want to move from, not All Vaults.

• hbvail
    hbvail
    Community Member
    Options

I started out in my personal vault, highlighted all the logins, went up to "item", went to "Move to Vault", pointed and clicked to "Shared" and it did not work. All the Personal stayed in Personal.

• hbvail
    hbvail
    Community Member
    Options

I started out in my personal vault, highlighted all the logins, went up to "item", went to "Move to Vault", pointed and clicked to "Shared" and it did not work. All the Personal stayed in Personal.

• hbvail
    hbvail
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, should I go online and try to make the change from the website?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hbvail - you certainly CAN do that, if moving the items is of paramount importance to you right now. But there's no mechanism to move multiple items at a time in the 1Password web application. Also, it should definitely work from within 1Password for Mac itself. Can you try again, using the steps I linked to in my earlier post? You should also make sure you've got write permissions to the Shared vault of your 1password.com account. If the account is in Frozen status, you won't be able to add/delete or edit any items in either your Personal or Shared vaults.

This discussion has been closed.