Desktop app and web account not synced

Hi there,

So, I'm able to sign in to my company's 1password vault using my credentials. These were updated in January when I forgot my password after a 6-week break and had to have them reset. So I have a new Secret Key too. The problem is, is that when I try and use the desktop app (I've downloaded the latest version) it doesn't recognize my new credentials. It has stored an outdated version of the Secret Key. I can't seem to update this. And I can't sign in (only through the website). I've looked in preferences. There's nothing that can help me.

Please help.

Best,
Christopher

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Log out of the account in the app and login again with your new credentials. :) (You can reset all local data in the help section of the menu bar), but do that only if you have no other data in the app from private usage.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @ChristopherG! When you launch 1Password 7 for Mac, if you've previously had other accounts signed in (even different, no longer used ones), those credentials are retained in your user Library (and sync across devices by iCloud, if you do that). However, you should be able to click Sign in With a Different Account and sign into the fresh-credential account via that method:

To be clear regarding 1Password for Mac use: were you previously using 1Password for Mac, and if so, was the older iteration of the account (with the previous credentials) signed in? If so, is it still signed in?

This discussion has been closed.