Problems after update to 12.3.1

cajunqueen12
cajunqueen12
Community Member

Help! I upgraded my iPhoneX 2 days ago and now my Face ID doesn’t work nor my master password! I’m helpless! Please help me as all my passwords are stored in this app!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cajunqueen12: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Just as you need to enter your device passcode to enable Face ID to unlock your iPhone after an update (or restarting), you need to enter your Master Password first to unlock 1Password with Face ID: your Master Password is needed to decrypt the data.

(Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither access to your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

Otherwise, you can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Please let me know how it turns out.

• cajunqueen12
    cajunqueen12
    Community Member

I am using the correct Master password. It fails. I’ve tried several times. Now what?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cajunqueen12: If it's failing, it's not being entered correctly -- or your device is damaged in such a way that it can no longer work. 1Password does not care what the Master Password is; it's merely using it as an input to decrypt the data, so it fails to do so if what is entered is not what is needed.

Where else do you have your 1Password data backed up or sync'd? What are the OS and 1Password versions you're using there?

ref: USG-36511-895

• cajunqueen12
    cajunqueen12
    Community Member

Thanks. I did get in through my iPad. The latest upgrade on my iPhonex is the problem...can’t get in on iPhone. Now I’m trying to upgrade to Pro and that is failing! I can get into iTunes Store but my purchase of 1Password pro fails. Sooooo frustrating!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2019

@cajunqueen12

Unfortunately we don't run the iTunes Store but we'd be happy to help in any way we can.

1. Do you have a 1Password membership subscription? If so are you able to log in at https://my.1password.com/ ?
    2. Can you please check the iPad in 1Password > Settings > Vaults > All Vaults and see if a vault called "Primary" is listed? Is there also a vault called "Personal"?
    3. If you do not have a membership how are you syncing your data between the iPhone and the iPad?

I'd recommend holding off on any 1Password related purchases until we can get the issues you're experiencing sorted out. Please let me know the answers to the above questions.

Ben

ref: USG-36511-895

• cajunqueen12
    cajunqueen12
    Community Member

Sorry for the delay...the answers to your questions...
    1. No, to my surprise I do not have a subscription...when I attempt to sign up, I get only an option for a 30 day free trial, and I’m petrified of starting over, and losing all my data.
    2. There is a vault called Primary, but none called personal.
    3. It is syncing through iCloud.

I really want to get a subscription and clean this up...1Password is my password manager, and as you know, I’m up a creek without my passwords!

Thanks for your help on this!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cajunqueen12 - thanks for the update and additional information. Since it sounds as if we're veering into an area of personally-identifying information, let's keep the conversation going via email instead of in this public form which anyone can read. Thanks. :)

• cajunqueen12
    cajunqueen12
    Community Member

Ok. How do we do that?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cajunqueen12 - you would reply to the ongoing email conversation that's been taking place between us and you at this email address (the one that you used to register here at the forum).

• cajunqueen12
    cajunqueen12
    Community Member

I don’t understand. I replied via email and got a robot reply.

• @cajunqueen12

Brenty replied to your email yesterday (about 21 hours ago). Did you not get his email? In case not I've sent it again.

Ben

• cajunqueen12
    cajunqueen12
    Community Member

This isn’t working. How do I communicate with one person privately?

• That's exactly what we're trying to make happen. Could you please answer my question? Have you still not received Brenty's email? We're emailing you. It seems as if you aren't receiving our messages.

Ben

• cajunqueen12
    cajunqueen12
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Ben, this is crazy...no, I’m not getting your emails. I checked my email on this forum, and it’s correct. As a test, I use another account. Please email me at [removed]. Let’s see if that works. Thanks for continuing to try...I need to subscribe but petrified that I lose all my data.

• I've emailed that address. Please let me know if you receive my message.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.