Feature request: copy TOTP code without switching to app

This discussion was created from comments split from: Adding TOTP in Android [feature request].

Comments

• emak
    emak
    Community Member

Hi! This is related I suppose, but I would like to be able to copy not just the username and password from the 1password keyboard; but also the OTP!

My current workflow is:
    username and password field? -> switch to 1password keyboard if there's no autofill
    authenticate with fingerprint, find the correct record
    now press 'fill username' and 'fill password' as appropriate
    navigate back to home
    open all apps
    open 1pw
    authenticate again
    find the correct record, again
    copy the otp
    navigate back to app, hopefully the window didn't time out, or suffer any ill effects from navigating away from the app
    copy the OTP.

with the new pixel2, I can now do this without navigating home, using the split screen feature, which makes it better, but not ideal!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@emak: Thanks for bringing this up! You're right, it would be helpful to be able to copy the TOTP code without having to switch back to the app. I'm not sure what the best way to handle this would be, but it's something we'd like to add in the future. :)

ref: OPA-1383

• Niek
    Niek
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Maybe it's an option to auto-copy the TOTP code to the clipboard whenever 1Password fills in the credentials (in case a TOTP code is available for this login)? That would lower the friction a lot already - the user will just have to paste the code in the TOTP field.

Edit: I just saw this is an option in the settings - whoops! That will help a lot, great.

• Glad you found it!

This discussion has been closed.