Can't unlock Windows fault

Options
afisch
afisch
Community Member
edited June 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi 1Password,

I'm an 1Password user almost since the begining. I was using 1Password on Mac/iOS but in the meantime i switched to Windows. The issue i'm having is i can't unlock the Windows fault. It works in the Chrome extension, but somehow it doesn't accept my password in the Windows app version. What could be the issue ? The only thing I did was downloading the Windows version and it already asked me for my Master PW. I already did reinstall of the application...

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: latest stable W10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• It sounds like you're probably using 1Password X with a 1Password membership in Chrome, @afisch, but had some old 1Password data in your desktop app. Are you able to see all of your data when you unlock your Chrome extension? The fix here is generally to reset your desktop app and sign in fresh, but I don't want to blow away your app's database when it might have data you need. :+1:

• afisch
    afisch
    Community Member
    Options

Hi bundtkate, thanks for helping. I transfered the data from iCloud to 1Password.com so I should't loose anything. Yes, I can see my data in the Chrome extension. How can I reset the desktop app ? I tried already to delete the app and redownoading it again, but still the same issue...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@afisch: If you need/want to start over in the Windows app, just do the following:

1. Quit 1Password completely from the notification tray icon
    2. Open Windows File Explorer
    3. Paste the following in the address bar and press Enter: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1password
    4. Rename data to data-backup
    5. Open 1Password and set it up with your 1Password membership account

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.