iOS not allowing Touch ID when Prefilling in Safari

qzzb
qzzb
Community Member

Im sure this worked before, but now whenever i go and fill in my username and password in a form in Safari on my iPhone, I have to keep typing my master password. If I go into 1Password I can use my touch ID. I have checked the settings and unless im missing something not sure why this has happened. Any ideas? Its really annoying to constantly type master password on every form fill.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @qzzb! You certainly shouldn't have to type your Master Password every time you use Safari. Have you restarted your iPhone since this began? By "restart," I mean this procedure. If not, try that first, and also toggle Touch ID off and then on again in 1Password's Settings. Let me know how that works for you.

• qzzb
    qzzb
    Community Member

I have tried togging off and on touch id and restarting and still seems to want to ask me for password when autofilling. Dont have any safari content blockers and tried a cache reset in safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@qzzb

After rebooting your iPhone, can you please unlock the main 1Password app first, at least once? It should prompt you (correctly) for your Master Password, but if you then use AutoFill, TouchID should then work.

I have had this happen to me once, and that time I was using AutoFill right away, without first unlocking the 1Password app. I am not sure if those two events were really related, but it might be worth giving this a try.

• qzzb
    qzzb
    Community Member

Sorry for the long time. Yeah it was the phone had been rebooted. Assuming as this is load through safari as a plugin its by design - wasn't aware that it worked like that. Thanks!

• Thanks for the update @qzzb. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.