Single Sign On

Options
Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member

I have 30+ sites which are single sign on enabled. All of them are getting stored with same login and pw. What is the best way to handle single sign on scenario's?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Abhijit: Instead of storing your, say, Facebook login credentials in an AirBnb(?) Login item, simply create a dummy AirBnb Login item and set the username as "Facebook". That way, if you look at it or try to fill it, you'll see "Facebook" there and know to select that option -- where you can then use your actual Facebook login credentials:

I hope this helps. Cheers! :)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Great Solution!! Why you have not told this earlier :-) And how many such beautiful tips you carry with you, please do share in a tips and tricks section or tweet them .. Thank you so much again!!

Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You didn't ask before! ;) But it comes up from time to time. I think you're right though that this is something that might help more people. I'll bring it up with the team. Thanks for the kind words, and letting me know you think it's worth sharing more. :)

Another good tip (which may or may not be useful, depending on how you do things) would be to edit the Login to make its icon represent the SSO provider. I always forget that though because I use ⌘ \ to fill, and so almost never even see my Logins. :lol:

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

This is also a good idea! Thanks again!

Do we have tips and tricks section on our site somewhere to refer to which will allow users to use 1Password more productively? Thank YOU!

Abhijit

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Abhijit: we don't have a tips and tricks section yet, but as brenty wrote, we will bring it up with the team :) I definitely can see how it could be useful to you, so thank you again for the kind words and for taking the time to share this feedback with us!

This discussion has been closed.