To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading and migrating data

I apologize if this has been asked and answered elsewhere. I purchased version 5 several years ago. I have it on my iphone and my first Mac. I thought I could also install 1password on my new second Mac. I downloaded version 7 on the new Mac. Now I’m stuck on what to do next. U click through every possible setting to find a way to migrate data. I thought I had a multi device license since it’s on my phone as well. Not sure if that’s the issue. I just don’t want to pay again AND then rekey all the passwords too. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @thaddeus_california

Sorry for any confusion. Licenses are sold on a per-version basis, so a v5 license wouldn't be valid for v7. 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. For the vast majority of people a 1Password membership is going to be the best way forward. Membership is a custom tailored solution that was born to solve many of the problems that are inherent in the way standalone licensing works, including addressing the situation of upgrades not being included. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

(these instructions should be followed after installing 1Password 7)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.