Websites are scrolling down when i login to 1PX

Options

Hi,

when i have Websites on my other Monitors open and im login to 1PX the Websites are scrolling immediately completely down.
Has anyone here noticed this behavior?

Win 10, Chrome, 1PX

blaxxz

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blaxxz: Is the Konami Code part of your Master Password? Wait, don't answer that! ;)

In all seriousness, I wonder if you have spaces or special characters in your Master Password that are interacting with a specific website for some reason while you're entering it. Can you give me an example URL where you see this?

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Its an all Sites where you can scroll.

The Sites are scrolling when i click on login. And this is since 2-3 Updates ago.
    Never had this before.

The Sites are even scrolling when 1P X is locked by manual or itself.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018
    Options

@blaxxz: Hmm. Interesting. I'm not seeing that here though. What are the exact browser version and 1Password X version you're using there? If it's happening when 1Password X is locked and you're not interacting with it at all, I'm not sure it's related to 1Password X though. Do you have software running in Windows that modifies input — such as 3rd party mouse/keyboard apps? We've seen stuff like that on Windows without 1Password installed at all, even the desktop app, especially with gaming peripherals.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

1PX 1.10.3
    Chrome 69.0.3497.100

Do you have software running in Windows that modifies input
    No

Wait. Im sorry. Shame on me. I tried now several Sites. It is only on https://www.twitch.tv/ and any Stream.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blaxxz: Aha! Wait. Hmm. I was really excited that you were able to narrow it down to a specific site, but I'm not seeing anything scrolling when I am at Twitch, whether I interact with 1Password X or not, on macOS or Windows... Can you give me the exact steps you're taking?

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

There are no special steps required.
    Just open any Stream and login in to 1P X.
    When you click login then the Site is scrolling.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blaxxz: That's exactly what I'm doing here, and nothing scrolls unless I use the mouse/touchpad to scroll the page up or down. Hence my confusion. What other extensions do you have installed? I'm not sure why this is only happening on your PC, but there must be some explanation.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

I really only noticed on Twitch.
    I still have the extension BetterTTV installed.

Or I have changed something else.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This one is still a bit of a mystery, but hopefully we'll be able to find the cause. :)

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

It is only on twitch.tv.

I have Firefox installed. Had never had it installed before. So a fresh installation. There are no addons except 1PX installed. Here too. When I unlock 1PX, Twitch scrolls down.
    I do not know why.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @blaxxz – I haven't had any luck reproducing this one either, although I'm on macOS rather than Windows. Could you list out the exact steps you're taking and perhaps share a screencast with us as long as it doesn't reveal any personal information? Thank you!

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Open any Twitch Stream.
    Then I click on the 1PX icon.
    The master password entry appears.
    I enter my password and then click with the mouse on the login button.
    At that moment, the Twitch page scrolls down.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @blaxxz – thanks for this! I was able to reproduce, although sporadically, when following those steps on both Chrome and Firefox. I've passed the report along to our devs. :)

ref: x/b5x#1280

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

I am glad that you were able to reproduce this.
    Sometimes the page only scrolls down halfway and sometimes all the way down.

I hope for a speedy fix

Thank you very much. ;)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Agreed. It took me a while, but I finally got it. I was able to catch it on a screen recording too – that way the rest of my team can see it even if they're unable to reproduce the behavior in their own browser. Thanks again, @blaxxz!

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Just for info:
    The page also scrolls down when 1PX logs off automatically.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Alright – thanks @blaxxz. I've got that piece of info added to the issue as well.

This discussion has been closed.