type in search box in Auto Fill mode would jump back to application

georgexsh
georgexsh
Community Member
edited June 2019 in iOS

steps to reproduce

• open account page in "app store" application (upper right icon)
  • tap "apple id" field
  • chose password button, open 1password window

there will be two kinds of action could trigger issue here:

• if you do nothing: no typing, no scroll,
  • if you type something in the search box, like "appleid"

then

• 1password window will be closed and jump back to the app store page.

other apps have issues too, not only app store, but I couldn't get an example right now.

if I scroll a bit, could alleviate this issue, but not every time.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @georgexsh

Tapping the Apple ID field takes me to the Apple ID website's login form. Is that where you're having the trouble, or is the problem within the App Store app?

Ben

• You can email us at support+forum@1password.com. Please include a link to this thread in your email: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104312/type-in-search-box-in-auto-fill-mode-would-jump-back-to-application#latest

When you email in you'll get a support ID from BitBot. Please post that ID here. I look forward to reviewing the video.

Thanks!

Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

Thank you @georgexsh! We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: FJI-21363-648

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Thanks for the update. We're here if you need anything else. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@georgexsh: Can you clarify what you think the bug is? You've created multiple threads and commented on a number of things, so it would really help to know the specifics. From your earlier description, it sounds like something was simply damaged and was resolved by reinstalling.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@georgexsh: the problem is that none of us were able to reproduce this issue on our devices. When we are able to reproduce an issue, it means that it is not happening just on a single device, and so we can open a bug report and investigate why this is happening. Without proof that this can be consistently reproduced, it is very difficult to investigate.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@georgexsh: I would love to investigate this, but it's fundamental that we first find a set of reproducible steps that trigger this behavior. So far, our attempts to trigger this issue with the steps you have shared have not caused the problem to appear on several devices. This means that, technically speaking, this is not a bug, since things are working as expected with those steps you shared.

We will certainly keep an eye out for other similar reports though. So far, this is the first time I see this being reported, so as brenty mentioned, it could certainly be just something temporary (which seems to be the case also because it's not even happening to you anymore).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@georgexsh: If something is damaged, that's something on your device. You're not served damaged copies of the 1Password app; they've got checksums and and code signatures. But consider filesystems and storage do not have integrity checking, so data corruption can and does happen. It's just not something we have control over. Otherwise, it would be a bug in iOS, since that handles all of Autofill. And if it were a bug, more than one person out of millions would be experiencing it. At this point we don't have anything available to use to investigate. We only have the information you've given us so far, which seems to be insufficient even for you to reproduce now even though you were the only one who reported the issue. Bugs certainly exist and we'll certainly keep an eye out for them. If you do encounter the issue again, I'll be happy to look at any diagnostic information you can provide. There just isn't anything actionable at this point. That's what I meant. I'm sorry that may not feel very satisfying, but it's the truth. :)

This discussion has been closed.